4 Posts

DETHRONED: The Real-Time Combat Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drawing to 3 cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Omar Dabard
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm absolutely loving this game, but just wanted to make sure I'm right about something.
The rules state that when you are under attack you are not allowed to draw cards until you have beaten and cleared all of the attacks on you. Likewise, you can't assist someone if you are under attack.
So is an attacker allowed to draw a card as soon as they throw out an attack?
I'm assuming that the attacker IS allowed to do so.
This has led to cases of extreme bloodthirstiness in larger games, where 4+ people will immediately gang up on one person so that they are unable to beat the attacks without the bomb, and the same attackers preventing the defender from ever drawing enough cards to possibly defend themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon someone
msg tools
That's how we understood it as well.

Though so far in our games, I think only one person has been KO'd right off the bat. Most roles that want to kill care about getting the credit for the kill so they shouldn't want that to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliot Carney-Seim
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hey Omar,

Thank you so much for taking the time to ask your question and thank you for playing our game!

If Player A is Attacked, your actions include only trying to Beat the Attack, or Call for Help. Drawing may occur whenever there is no Attack in front of you. You are correct in that an Attacker may draw back up to 3, unless of course the Attacker gets attacked before they draw back up.

Sincerely,
- Eliot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Dabard
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for replying. Some of the roles bring out such a vicious streak in people, which is a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.