Subject: Dominion Prosperity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Schmidt
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Hello everyone

I apologize if this question is being posted in the incorrect forum. I am new to the site. I have recently become very addicted to Dominion and recently purchased the Seaside and Intrigue expansions. I am looking to purchase additional expansions but have hit a snag. Seaside and Prosperity seem to be out of print (I was able to find Seaside at a small local business) but cannot find Prosperity. Are there plans to re-release this expansion in the United States? Thank you!

Also- what expansions would you recommend after Intrigue and Seaside?

Sincerely,
Kyle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the 2nd editions appear to just have started. So its a good chance that prosperity will get a 2nd edition. This is just based on me seeing 2nd editions of dominion and intrigue out nothing more. These are new editions rather than just new print runs but they seem to blend together just fine (if thats a concern)

You may want to check small stores that are willing to ship. There are stores out there that still have stock. Oh and also rather than asking here you can try making a thread on the actual game's page here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/66690/dominion-prosperit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure Donald X. has said that he does not plan on doing a 2nd edition of anything besides the base and Intrigue... But I think he also said he'd stop expansions 2 or 3 expansions ago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Schmidt
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Great! I will try there. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Kennedy
United States
Cleveland
Tn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prosperity is a great expansion, but looking at the market prices for it right now, don't fall for the overpriced listings. $30 to $45 is a fair price for it, $400-$500 is ludicrous. If you want a new expansion and you have to have it now, pursue Dominion: Empires or Dominion: Adventures. If there is enough demand, there will be a reprint of Prosperity in a year or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gerig
United States
Upland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe (but can't find anywhere that it may have been confirmed) that eventually the other expansions are going to get reprinted with updated wording and larger fonts, to match the 2nd ed. and later expansions.

bobnabob wrote:
Pretty sure Donald X. has said that he does not plan on doing a 2nd edition of anything besides the base and Intrigue... But I think he also said he'd stop expansions 2 or 3 expansions ago...

He said that Guilds was the end of the initially planned expansions, but left it open as to whether there would be more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Schmidt
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Is there a resource you would recommend for me to try and find stores in the continental USA that may carry it and be willing to ship it? There were two local stores here who had copies of Seaside (which also appears to have gone out of print) but no local stores carry Prosperity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
flaquito wrote:
I believe (but can't find anywhere that it may have been confirmed) that eventually the other expansions are going to get reprinted with updated wording and larger fonts, to match the 2nd ed. and later expansions.

However, I believe Donald has said they won't be true 2nd editions, that is, they won't have substantial changes (as the 2nd editions of Dominion and Dominion: Intrigue did) nor will they be marked "Second Edition". They're basically reprints with corrections.

I think someone asked if they would have different SKUs (bar codes and numbers), but I don't recall the answer, and that may be something only Jay (of Rio Grande Games) knows. It's probably in the Dominion forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bionerd88 wrote:
Is there a resource you would recommend for me to try and find stores in the continental USA that may carry it and be willing to ship it? There were two local stores here who had copies of Seaside (which also appears to have gone out of print) but no local stores carry Prosperity.

Simply search for board game stores. Most out there are willing to ship. More business is more business to them. It may not be cheap but it wont be insanely overpriced ether. Might take some phone calls too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh VanBlankenship
United States
California
flag msg tools
I've had he same acute Dominion addiction as OP. Bought 4 expansions, built a box, but no Propserity since the price is goddamn bananas. I looked into recreating Prosperity from individual kingdom cards being sold on eBay, it's cost like $65 - also ridiculous. So I emails Rio Grande and they responded (promptly) that a second printing of Prosperity was being worked on, art being finalized, and it should be out sometime late Feb / March '17. No changes to cards, just artwork and a new printing, so not technically a 2nd edition like base/intrigue.
Now I'm biding my time, like a goddamn junkie looking for his next fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amber Calvert
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I wanted to buy Prosperity for my boyfriend for his birthday, but only saw absolutely ridiculous asking prices. I had Amazon and Walmart email me when they were restocked on the expansion and JUST got the email about 3 days ago. Prosperity showed up today and I paid less than $40 for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amber Calvert
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
We started out with Dominion, then shortly added Dark Ages, Intrigue, Alchemy, Seaside, and Hinterlands, We very recently added Prosperity to the mix when we finally found it at an affordable price. Our favorite expansion before Prosperity was probably Dark Ages, though. It's pretty fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.