Subject: Sentinels Podcast ("The Letters Page ") Now Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the benefit of those who don't obsessively check the GtG website or aren't signed up for their newsletters, this is to let you know that Adam and Chris have launched a weekly podcast, called "The Letters Page". They discuss background and story info on the characters while also answering questions people have submitted.

If you're interested, the first episode, which covers Legacy, can be found HERE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. It's like these guys actually created an enormous collection of comics over the years and they're just telling you about stuff that happened in them. I had absolutely no idea about all of this lore. I'll definitely be listening from now on.

Oh, and Chris may need to consider switching to decaf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
Wow. It's like these guys actually created an enormous collection of comics over the years and they're just telling you about stuff that happened in them. I had absolutely no idea about all of this lore. I'll definitely be listening from now on.

Oh, and Chris may need to consider switching to decaf.

Believe it or not, you are hearing Christopher sans caffeine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dérek Boily
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Christopher was drinking scotch...!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It feels so strange to hear them talked about comic that were never actually published, I would pay good money to get my hands on those if only they existed ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_yoshi wrote:
It feels so strange to hear them talked about comic that were never actually published, I would pay good money to get my hands on those if only they existed ...

Agreed.

I understand their position that actually making a comic and somehow turn a profit is a near impossible task. I wonder if a web comic format would work though. My understanding is Phil and Kaja Foglio (airship entertainment) who do Girl Genius had better success when they switched to web comis and only printing trade paperbacks instead of the traditional (bi-?)monthy comic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WHAT?

We're all trapped in a world where Sentinels comics aren't real?

Damn you Oblivaeooooooon!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:

I was aware that they had come up with a decent amount of lore, but had no idea just how detailed it all was! I've certainly been pretty surprised myself, and have been enjoying the episodes so far.

kusinohki wrote:
the_yoshi wrote:

Agreed.

I understand their position that actually making a comic and somehow turn a profit is a near impossible task. I wonder if a web comic format would work though. My understanding is Phil and Kaja Foglio (airship entertainment) who do Girl Genius had better success when they switched to web comis and only printing trade paperbacks instead of the traditional (bi-?)monthy comic.

I too would love to see some more actual Sentinels comics, but unfortunately I think even a web-based one is pretty far off... Adam has too much game illustrating to do, which I think is overall a happy thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dprcooke wrote:

I too would love to see some more actual Sentinels comics, but unfortunately I think even a web-based one is pretty far off... Adam has too much game illustrating to do, which I think is overall a happy thing.

Including a comic for OblivAeon! Huzzah for Kickstarter backers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.