Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Barringer
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Offered through Miniature Market: https://smile.amazon.com/Z-Man-Games-ZMG-71120-Pandemic/dp/B...

BGG Link: Pandemic Iberia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jagz
United States
Rochester
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Pandemic Iberia - $13.99 + $5.99 shipping
Damn! Looks dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dead Already? [Amazon] Pandemic Iberia - $13.99 + $5.99 shipping
Miniature Market sells on Amazon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Barringer
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
abonosky wrote:

They only have 133 feedback. https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I didn't see it in time, but are you sure that's actually legit? That's way below any price it's ever sold for before and is in line with those scam sellers that pop up a lot. Could be a scammer with a name trying to look like the actual Miniature Market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
z10n x wrote:
abonosky wrote:

They only have 133 feedback. https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfi...

They have no product listed and no feedback since 2014. Seems unlikely they'd pop up just to clearance price a popular (somewhat) limited game that's been selling well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Barringer
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
z10n x wrote:
abonosky wrote:

They have no product listed and no feedback since 2014. Seems unlikely they'd pop up just to clearance price a popular (somewhat) limited game that's been selling well.

Yeah, it's possible. I'll let you all know when I find out. If it is a scammer, they did their homework. It has the Miniature Market customer service line listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Friedly
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
damiangerous wrote:
z10n x wrote:
abonosky wrote:

This does not fit their business model from what I can tell. Even if it was The Miniature Market why didn't they have their current logo and updated shipping info? Also that price is close to half of what it costs for a business to buy it. Like others have said it is selling well and there is no reason to sell off extra copies right now. Especially at that price. All those red flags to you what? Yeah. That should send up anybodies BS flag right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb
But, did anybody buy it for $20? Peter? or there was not even time for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Barringer
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Board Game Bear wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
z10n x wrote:
abonosky wrote:

This does not fit their business model from what I can tell. Even if it was The Miniature Market why didn't they have their current logo and updated shipping info? Also that price is close to half of what it costs for a business to buy it. Like others have said it is selling well and there is no reason to sell off extra copies right now. Especially at that price. All those red flags to you what? Yeah. That should send up anybodies BS flag right away.

The Amazon app didn't show any of that. CSI just put the game on sale, too. Seeing Miniature Market as the seller with 97% positive feedback was enough for me. But okay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Barringer
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
flope wrote:

I bought it. If it's a scam Amazon will cover it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Max
United States
Cinci
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
z10n x wrote:
flope wrote:

And the emboldening of scammers continues shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Barringer
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re: DEAD [Amazon] Pandemic Iberia - Likely Scam
Tuxedomouse wrote:
z10n x wrote:
flope wrote:

And the emboldening of scammers continues shake

Again, it passed the eye test. The Amazon app showed me Miniature Market as the seller with 97% positive feedback, and the game had just gone on sale at CSI the previous day. Yes, this is likely a scam artist, but there's nothing I can particularly do about it now. In all honesty, I rushed through the order so I could post it to the BGG forums and get this game into some more people's hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Davison
United States
Hartland
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Game Bear wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
z10n x wrote:
abonosky wrote:

If you look at the feedback, it was all very old. Nothing in the last 12 months and the most recent is 3 years old. Scammer accounts are usually very new, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
Scammers tend to offer more stock. Hopefully this was just a pricing error that they'll honor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Barringer
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Board Game Bear wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
z10n x wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Miniature Market emailed me. This listing was legit, but their software messed up their listings. Good call on the BS flags

Peter, Miniature Market is a legitimate company and we've been in business for 10+ years. Selling on Amazon is new to us and our automated datafeed mismatched products in our database to Amazon. This was a listing error. We have since pulled down all of our listings. Sorry for any inconvenience we have caused you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miniature Market
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Miniature Market - Online Gaming Superstore - Miniaturemarket.com
badge
mbmbmb
No, this was not a scam. It was an error on my part. We are trying to re-activate our Amazon account after giving up on it back in 2014. The new software I am using is trying to pair up items based on their barcode and SKU but for some reason it all went horribly wrong.

I noticed the error just minutes after the listings went live but it was already too late. We took a few orders before all 200+ listings could be taken down.

Lesson learned. Next time we will start with a few low priced items.

Steve @ Miniature Market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave BG
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification, Steve.

While you are here, could you provide clarification on your earlier statements in another thread concerning the pallets of FFG/Asmodee clearance items that MM was going to sell? Could you let us know if that is something that still may happen?

Thanks,
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redd
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miniaturemarket wrote:
No, this was not a scam. It was an error on my part. We are trying to re-activate our Amazon account after giving up on it back in 2014. The new software I am using is trying to pair up items based on their barcode and SKU but for some reason it all went horribly wrong.

I noticed the error just minutes after the listings went live but it was already too late. We took a few orders before all 200+ listings could be taken down.

Steve @ Miniature Market

Wow, as a big Amazon Prime shopper I am very glad to hear this!! I'll be watching for your future offerings on Amazon (as well as my MM orders)! Thanks Steve!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave BG
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
ReddWolf wrote:
miniaturemarket wrote:

Steve @ Miniature Market

Wow, as a big Amazon Prime shopper I am very glad to hear this!! I'll be watching for your future offerings on Amazon (as well as my MM orders)! Thanks Steve!!

Ditto! I am a big fan of Miniature Market (hence my question about the FFG/Asmodee stock)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ReddWolf wrote:
miniaturemarket wrote:

Steve @ Miniature Market

It sounds like they're just using Amazon as a storefront, not as a fulfillment house as the listing including shipping. You won't see any Prime benefit from that arrangement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miniature Market
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DaveW42 wrote:

While you are here, could you provide clarification on your earlier statements in another thread concerning the pallets of FFG/Asmodee clearance items that MM was going to sell? Could you let us know if that is something that still may happen?

Thanks,
Dave

We did receive a large shipment of FFG titles from their clearance sale. We have since put those games into our inventory system and placed many of them on clearance.

We never specifically said anywhere that there would be a large FFG sale (I think people just expected it).

There is a chance that many of these titles are included in one of our larger sales later this year but at the moment we don't have any planned for early 2017.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave BG
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
miniaturemarket wrote:
DaveW42 wrote:

Thanks,
Dave

We did receive a large shipment of FFG titles from their clearance sale. We have since put those games into our inventory system and placed many of them on clearance.

We never specifically said anywhere that there would be a large FFG sale (I think people just expected it).

There is a chance that many of these titles are included in one of our larger sales later this year but at the moment we don't have any planned for early 2017.

Steve

Got it, thanks for the update, Steve!

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.