GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,973 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Complete Series Value, Mint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Barlow
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I find myself needing to sacrifice some games. I'm trying to assess how much a complete season 1, 2, and 3 set, with all kickstarter exclusives, the compendiums, the gaming night sets, promo survivors, dice towers, dice variants, etc, would be worth. Season 1 has been sleeved and played a few times, and seasons 2 and 3 are unplayed. Friends have told me that the exclusives and promos alone are worth tons, but I'm looking to unload the entire franchise to one lucky person at close to what I paid for it. Am I being foolish, or should I just sacrifice Zombicide to the ebay gods?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be able to get 1000 for it. Maybe more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Barlow
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ick. I'm sure I've already sunk at least $1500 - $2000 into it. Not sure I could eat that much loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always try for more. At one point you could of sold it quick and for lots, not after BP and BP2 coming sooner then later the first stuff isn't worth as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Though the Season 1 Promos, in particular, are still doing very well on eBay last I checked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bookmarked - I'm in the same boat of wanting to offload all the Kickstarter stuff and guest boxes and whatnot, so will be interested to know how much you eventually get for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Multicron wrote:
Ick. I'm sure I've already sunk at least $1500 - $2000 into it. Not sure I could eat that much loss.

You should be able to go to kickstarter and see exactly how much you sunk into it. It might be a good starting place for bidding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it'll be hard for you to offload that in one big lot because it will be hard to find someone to dish out $2000 for a game at one time. The game has been out for a long time so someone interested in the promos and exclusives probably won't want all of base stuff. Maybe break it up into a couple of different lots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
I think it'll be hard for you to offload that in one big lot because it will be hard to find someone to dish out $2000 for a game at one time. The game has been out for a long time so someone interested in the promos and exclusives probably won't want all of base stuff. Maybe break it up into a couple of different lots.

I agree!

I would like the kickstarter exclusives but I already have the game and two expansions so that would not work for me (although having extra zombies to reduce extra activations is not a bad thing.)

Then you have the cost of postage for bulky items like the core boxes.

Then you have the taxes to pay, a few items would be below the threshold, but the whole lot would be expensive.

Plus you are competing against the newest franchise where $1-2K put into the KS instead would get a lot of extra goodies.

If you have the time it might be worth splitting them up.

Probably get a better return on the KS Exclusives than what you paid for them.

I have seen abominations etc. from the core games sell for a nice amount on ebay as people want extras for their games.

It would be a lot more effort though.

You might have better luck selling it locally. Not sure a game shop would want to sell second hand games if they are trying to selll the brand new versions.

Good luck, if you were living close to me in Australia it would be a lot more tempting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been watching prices since zombicides beginning. I sold a set of promos from all three seasons, the game night kits, wok promos, etc for $1500 two years ago (only promos, not the games or extras... all promos were in packages). However this has fallen drastically since black plague hit the market.

A full season 3 is worth $200-300, season 2 $300-400, season 1 $400-800. Complete sealed sets of all three are around $1000. Right now sets are all at the low end, a full set of all three kickstarters and extras is worth $800-1000 right now (still good if you pledged for it... $100 a pledge on average and add ons are less than that).

You'd be better off selling the promos individually, as you can get $10 a mini for season 3, $15 a min for season 2, and $40-$110 a min for season 1. This adds up quick with three seasons of promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.