The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Location card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
flag msg tools
Hi guys,
Playing the game today for the first time and just want to conform that I am doing this right. Lets say that I have traveled and placed a location card in front of the quest card, it is now my location to explore. To explore that card I have been adding the threat on that card and including the threat from all of the cards in the staging area for the total that I compare to my 'willpower' total.

Is this the correct way?

Thanks!!
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
compressorman wrote:
Hi guys,
Playing the game today for the first time and just want to conform that I am doing this right. Lets say that I have traveled and placed a location card in front of the quest card, it is now my location to explore. To explore that card I have been adding the threat on that card and including the threat from all of the cards in the staging area for the total that I compare to my 'willpower' total.

Is this the correct way?

The active location's threat is not added to the threat of enemies and location in the staging area. This is a good reason to travel to high-threat locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dalestephenson wrote:
compressorman wrote:
Hi guys,

Is this the correct way?

The active location's threat is not added to the threat of enemies and location in the staging area. This is a good reason to travel to high-threat locations.

Agree threat not added, you have to place progress equal to the location's red number to "explore it" then any progress from questing you have left goes on the quest card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dren608 wrote:
dalestephenson wrote:
compressorman wrote:
Hi guys,

Is this the correct way?

Agree threat not added, you have to place progress equal to the location's red number to "explore it" then any progress from questing you have left goes on the quest card.

Yes, that's it, the rules confirm:

Quote:
While in the staging area, location cards add to the
encounter deck’s threat. Once the players have traveled
to a location, that location no longer contributes its
threat
, as the players are considered to have traveled to the
location and are confronting its threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
flag msg tools

Quote:

Quote:
threat

Wow, so if you are exploring a card with a threat of 2 and needs 3 exploration tokens to explore it, then you only need to commit 3 willpower to fully explore it then? This is considering that there are no cards on the staging area.

I read this in the rule book but I guess it just didnt click

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
compressorman wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
threat

Wow, so if you are exploring a card with a threat of 2 and needs 3 exploration tokens to explore it, then you only need to commit 3 willpower to fully explore it then? This is considering that there are no cards on the staging area.

I read this in the rule book but I guess it just didnt click

Chris

yes, but remember that you decide to travel to a location during Phase 4 of a given turn, but you only go out exploring it during Quest (phase 3) on the next turn. So you'll be subject to a new staging between travelling and exploring the "travelled" location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.