Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Barlow
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I need to sell my complete first edition of MoM. It's mint and unplayed. What would the value of this set be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I suspect it's a buyer's market for the first edition right now. With the 2nd edition hot of the presses, there's likely to be little desire for the 1st edition. Typically, OOP titles of past popular games can bring in amounts greater than MSRP, but I suspect in this case you may have to settle for less. With time, the 1st edition may become more coveted, as with Descent 1st, but I'm not sure. Especially since most posts I see seem to suggest 2nd provides a better playing experience than 1st edition.

Still, a search on ebay for the completed auctions will likely give you an idea of the going price. I'm kind of in the same situation, as I have a complete (not fully played) first edition as well (all scenarios and expansions!). But I decided to stick with the first edition and forgo 2nd, so I won't be selling anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd Edition is a different game altogether. My complete copy will sit and collect dust and that's OK because it is one of my favorites and won't be sold. The investigators and monsters and tiles are all fully compatable with 2nd edition though. If you sell it right now, you're gonna take a loss. There isn't enough love right now for it when 2ND edition is a great game that anyone can jump into. You'd likly get less than the cost of the two expansions that have been released for 2nd edition...

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cameron knotek
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
If the game is still available, I would buy it from you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Barlow
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have the complete set. PM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Y.
United States
flag msg tools
Do you still have this available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.