Subject: Deduction, 3player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm looking for a deduction game good for 3 players (handling both more and less is nice, but 3 is the primary play group).

Deduction, not social deduction (Werewolf, Battlestar Galatica).
Not hidden movement (Ninja: Legend of the Scorpion Clan, Clue: The Great Museum Caper)

Game (Clue, Sleuth, Di Renjie), not play-it-once adventures (T.I.M.E Stories, Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine Game); but being thematically strong like an adventure would be good.

Induction is also fine, but would need to be significantly different than Zendo for us to see it as a different game.

It isn't an invalidator, but I'd like to not have to keep printing clue record sheets.

Both co-op (Hanabi) and competitive (Clue, Sleuth) is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
Induction is also fine, but would need to be significantly different than Zendo for us to see it as a different game.

Eleusis / Eleusis Express might be worth checking out! Zendo-ish, but an ongoing sequence is extended each turn, instead of independent koans being built, and you need only ordinary playing cards. I enjoy both it and Zendo a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No One
United States
Burien
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

How about P.I.?

yaverot wrote:
It isn't an invalidator, but I'd like to not have to keep printing clue record sheets.

Laminate sheets and buy some wet-erase pens for any game that has record/scoring sheets.
yaverot wrote:
Both co-op (Hanabi) and competitive (Clue, Sleuth) is fine.

Beyond Baker Street?

~V
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balaji Iyengar
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
Valandil (God-friend)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Dungeon

People say that it involved "push your luck".
But the way I see it, it's more of a deduction game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.