BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Geekchat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: GeekChat [+] [View All]
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
A great feature of this site is geekchat, you meet alot of friendly people and there is always someone there to chat with.

But it is a very hard feature to find. It took me over 4 months to find the chat and Im sure alot of members dont know its there.

here is the link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekchat2.php

WHat I would like to suggest is give geekchat its own tab button on the top of the screen so its easily seen and more people will come in and use it. This would be of great benefit to everyone. New users can come in and get help from experienced users, users can make new friends and it all ends up making for a better community.

so what do you say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Or you could maybe put up a geekchat-box on the frontpage, which tells you what users are hanging out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Johnson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
This NEEDS a lot more prominence. At the moment it is tucked away and at this precise moment in time seems to have only three users: one of them is doing nothing and the other two are discussing WibbleCon.

I tried to start an argument with myself, but I wouldn't let me. I'm just not confrontational enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rasmussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally the bodycount in there is around 10 and always a good chat going on... Still the more the merrier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Senor EvilMonkey
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well it is only natural that people are discussing the Wibblecon!
Belgium's PRIME gaming extravaganza is bound to be causing excitement, and will be an opportunity to stalk some GeekChat celebs ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesdavis wrote:
give geekchat its own tab button on the top of the screen

Uh, no. I found it very easily by simply clicking "Misc" and seeing the word "GeekChat" right there in front of me.

We don't need more tabs extending the width or compressing the information any more than it already is. Remember a plurality of people (maybe majority) still use 700whatever x roughly 1000 screen resolution.

Adding GeekChat as its own tab would be like adding GeekQuestions as its own tab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.