United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not 100% sure how this card works.

"Counts as two plans"

I see some obvious synergy with the Obelisk, but some other cards I'm unsure of.

For example, the Museum says, "Gain (VP) for each other (Culture Card) you own."
Should I score myself one VP for the Bridge since I have just a single (Culture Card) symbol showing, or two?

What if I have the Landfill, Museum, and the Bridge? I assume that I'll score nothing for the Museum itself because of the Landfill's effect, but the Museum might continue to score other cards as usual.

How does the Vault score if I have a facedown Bridge plan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan
Russia
Ekaterinburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fastattaq wrote:

For example, the Museum says, "Gain (VP) for each other (Culture Card) you own."
Should I score myself one VP for the Bridge since I have just a single (Culture Card) symbol showing, or two?

Yes, you should score 1 VP, because this (Bridge) is a single card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Pe
Germany
Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bridge itself has a scoring value of zero.
But it counts as two leaf buildings, which synergizes with the Museum which gives you one VP for every leaf symbol (1 from the Museum itself + 2 from the Bridge = 3 VP).
With the Obelisk in your neighborhood the Bridge also counts as two VPs.
The Landfill also works but in negative way. -2 VP

For the Vault only Plans are necessary. So the Bridge will not double the VPs cause it counts as two buildings not two plans.

Hope this could help you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Blaske
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job Niko!

Spot on all all accounts, Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So going back to the original question: Bridge + Museum + Landfill.

Note that the museum scores 1 point per culture *building*, not per culture *card*. So just bridge+museum would be 3 points.

Add the landfill, and the scoring changes to:
- The landfill is worth 3 points
- The museum would score 3, but the landfill reduces it to 2
- The bridge would be worth 0 points, but...here is the question:

Does the bridge just still score 0, because it didn't score any, so the landfill doesn't affect it?

Does the bridge now score -2, because it counts as 2 buildings, and each is reduced by 1 point?

I can't see any way that the bridge would score -1, because it counts as 2 buildings, not 1.

Before reading this thread, I would have said the player has 5 points, because I would have thought the landfill couldn't make a non-scoring building go negative. But it sounds like the correct answer is 3. EDIT: Clarified by the designer below.

How many points would that player have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Blaske
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming all 3 are face up as Buildings.

Bridge + Museum + Landfill = 5 Points

Bridge = 0
Museum = 2 (Museum + Bridge + Bridge - Landfill)
Landfill = 3

Landfill reduces the points output of each leaf building you have in your neighborhood, which means the bridge is unaffected since it puts out 0, it still puts out 0.

The museum would put out 1 less stars, since it's affected by the Landfill.

-Justin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.