The Greatest Day: Sword, Juno, and Gold Beaches» Forums » Rules

Subject: Formation Activation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Martin

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
When activating a formation, does the formation have to activate all independents that are in the artillery park which is in contact with the formation leader?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Curtis
United States
Christiana
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, just the artillery units it is in contact with. That is what the contact markers are for. Place them on the leader that is in contact as a reminder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Martin

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
Thanks for the reply, Mike, but I let me clarify my question.

Let's say that my leader is in contact with 3 artillery units.

The leader's formation is then activated, and he can activate 6 independents.

Do the 3 artillery units have to be activated? Which would then leave 3 other independents he could activate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davidson
United States
Orland Park
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
moduspocus wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Mike, but I let me clarify my question.

Let's say that my leader is in contact with 3 artillery units.

The leader's formation is then activated, and he can activate 6 independents.

Do the 3 artillery units have to be activated? Which would then leave 3 other independents he could activate.

Any Artillery in contact count against the activation limits for that formation leader.

In your example, he would only be able to control 3 additional independent units while in contact with 3 artillery units for a total of 6.
So, be sure that you wish to 'pile' on that much artillery on a commander if you think that moving independent ground units on his brigade activation is what might be required in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Curtis
United States
Christiana
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob, as usual, is better at explaining this than I. He is right on target. I thought you were talking about other units in the park that may not be in contact with the formation in question, sorry for the confusion.

Fire For Effect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.