GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,570 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question: The Masques Have Fallen (Spoilers for Box 5 + a little more) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Lotze
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Box 5 spoilers:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
In Box 5, The Masques Have Fallen, it says to find a chart to the island at the end of the world.
Now, in interrogating, we've found (spoiler for what we found)
We can shine the light of truth on the backs of the advisors as well as the front. On the backs of some, there is a "Chart (final island symbol) +5 (success symbol)". We'd originally thought that this meant "+5 successes in finding the island, if you have this advisor". But we also wonder -- does this mean we've actually found the chart (and one needs such an advisor in order to attempt to find the island)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spidere wrote:
Box 5 spoilers:
In Box 5, The Masques Have Fallen, it says to find a chart to the island at the end of the world.
Now, in interrogating, we've found (spoiler for what we found)
We can shine the light of truth on the backs of the advisors as well as the front. On the backs of some, there is a "Chart (final island symbol) +5 (success symbol)". We'd originally thought that this meant "+5 successes in finding the island, if you have this advisor". But we also wonder -- does this mean we've actually found the chart (and one needs such an advisor in order to attempt to find the island)?

Yes, those are the charts. I was similarly confused. If you search around, you can find 1-2 other threads about this. Basically, they count as charts in addition to advisors. As long as they are in your council room, you can use them as charts and get the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lotze
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you! Do you know of any "official" record of this being true? (So I could point it out to my fellow players)?

I've been loathe to expose any spoiler sections, on account of not being sure how much more there is for us to uncover with the light of truth. :s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
spidere wrote:

Thank you! Do you know of any "official" record of this being true? (So I could point it out to my fellow players)?

I've been loathe to expose any spoiler sections, on account of not being sure how much more there is for us to uncover with the light of truth. :s

I've finished the campaign and can confirm this.

If you want more details Rob Daviau did answer a few questions about that, but I can't remember where it was... He did confirm that you NEED at least one such "chart" in your council room (or activated), and of course the more you have the easier it is to explore...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.