GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,502 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
42 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Nations» Forums » General

Subject: Online version available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo B.
Italy
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,
in the past months I have been developing an online version of Nations on my play-by-web site www.mabiweb.com and it is now released and available to play.
The site is totally free, you just have to register and create your account, and is designed for playing in your browser in asynchronous mode, not in real time.
A big thank you to the publisher Lautapelit.fi for granting permission for this online version, to the game designers, especially to Rustan Håkansson who has been very helpful and supportive, and to all the play-testers who helped debugging the game in the past couple of months.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
New version of Tribes from Kosmos at Spiel 2018!
mbmbmbmbmb
Huge thank you to Massimo! The implementation is great, I highly recommend it. I added a link on the wiki section of the main Nations page for reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kurz
Australia
Kensington
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the great implementation MaBi. Being able to play this game with friends over long distances is great and I can attest to how well it's been made. The play testing was practically flawless as it stood! Ohh and thanks again to Rustan and the designers for such a fun game in the first place

Now looking forward to plenty of people getting signed up so that there is a good player base to allow for lots of games (especially in my time zone - if you're in the Australian/Asian time zone, GM me for a game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupheartmeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
there were 2 online version of Nations: The Dice Game but their big brother was missing... thank you! Grazie Massimo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great implementation. Absolutely great.

Grazie mille!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem I'm having is that there never seems to be anyone on to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo B.
Italy
Unspecified
flag msg tools
senorcoo wrote:
The problem I'm having is that there never seems to be anyone on to play.

If you are looking for a real-time game, sorry but I'm afraid it will never work. Otherwise just create a game and wait, it will fill up and start (for years I have been playing Gods, which is probably the least known and played online game of the universe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can totally understand that, but I've left a table open for hours at times with no response, sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I can totally understand that, but I've left a table open for hours at times with no response, sadly.

The site was just open today and the registration takes 24 hours. Give us some time, us not beta-testers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo B.
Italy
Unspecified
flag msg tools
fardoche wrote:
the registration takes 24 hours

Wait, no: you must confirm within 24 hours but the confirmation email should arrive immediately. If you don't receive it within a few minutes it was probably lost and will never arrive (it has happened to more than one user). In that case send me the username and email you want to use and I will manually create the account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For other users, I can say that this exact thing happened to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaBi wrote:
fardoche wrote:

Wait, no: you must confirm within 24 hours but the confirmation email should arrive immediately. If you don't receive it within a few minutes it was probably lost and will never arrive (it has happened to more than one user). In that case send me the username and email you want to use and I will manually create the account.

Thanks for chiming in. Indeed, I didn't receive the confirmation. I will try again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this implementation just the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks AMAZING. Plays smooth as butter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Parker

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to attempting this in a few hours.

Thanks for all that effort!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way to chat. The post message option doesn't seem to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seifert
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized I've been playing it wrong all these years by not doing the growth phase in reverse turn order.

Probably because I never really cared. Is there any chance we can get an option for a simultaneous growth phase to speed up play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Parker

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
I just realized I've been playing it wrong all these years by not doing the growth phase in reverse turn order.

Probably because I never really cared. Is there any chance we can get an option for a simultaneous growth phase to speed up play?

There are certain timing events this could throw off. For example another player may want to make you lose something (if they got the chance from an event) after they see you "just" had enough to feed your people say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:

In many situations it matters, you know a bit more about what your opponents are up to if you choose after. If they take resources, what can they do. If they grow, what do they have to do. Especially if some player grows with Stability it can be very useful for the others to know. It is an important part of being early in turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a while since I last played a 5-player game, and am very happy to be part of one now on the site. 5 (and 6...) player games are probably my favourite way to play Nations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Parker

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am excited because I have never managed to get a 5-player down...and now I am I one. One more shout out to the creators and testers, THANKS GUYS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaBi wrote:
fardoche wrote:

Just adding to the chorus of folks who managed not to receive the confirmation e-mail (even checked my spam folder several times), but MaBi got me up and running after contacting him via GeekMail.

A public thanks to him for both the personal help and ability to play Nations more often! Maybe I'll even manage to get in a game with the designers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
MaBi wrote:
Hello everyone,
in the past months I have been developing an online version of Nations on my play-by-web site www.mabiweb.com and it is now released and available to play.
The site is totally free, you just have to register and create your account, and is designed for playing in your browser in asynchronous mode, not in real time.
A big thank you to the publisher Lautapelit.fi for granting permission for this online version, to the game designers, especially to Rustan Håkansson who has been very helpful and supportive, and to all the play-testers who helped debugging the game in the past couple of months.

That's the first new game there in quite some time ... congratulations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened an account at Mabi and created a 2-player game of Nations. Looking for someone to play with.

Thanks for making this, Im looking forward to trying it. The board game version is one of my favorites.

WOW, I am in the middle of playing a couple games on here and I have to say that so far it is a fantastic online version of this great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.