GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » General

Subject: Any Expansion Plans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Dacula
Georgia
msg tools
I know it is early on, but I love this game, and wonder if there are plans to expand this game in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hallam-Stephens
Australia
Castlemaine
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that there's plans to get this out to more countries before there's any expansions released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah i woult love to get my hands on in it in germany in german language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that if they do end up doing an expansion it includes Ginny and Luna as characters, plus includes all the promos released. I have two of the "sunshine, daisy, butter mellow" cards because I emailed asking about getting promos and that is what I was sent.

Editing the rules to allow for 6 players would be great too. Maybe allow all heroes to deplete their deck once before any DA events or villains are revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
mbmb
I Wonder if usaopoly has a tendency to do expansions, i do hope they consider it but their licence agreement may or may not prevent them to do so.

Surely, i'd buy it as soon as it'd be on the shelf

There could be other mechanics added, but yes, Luna and Ginny would be awesome characters to bring in. Even if it's just that, it'd bring more replayability and it'd also be easier for girls to feel involved too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Dacula
Georgia
msg tools
I am hoping someone from USAopoly will chime in. I just want to manage my expectations. Maybe they can let us know whether the have the rights to do so, and if it could happen in the future. Again, I would like to know, so I don't set myself up for dissapontment if it can't happen. ....I would also like to see a deck of cards added like Maria in Marvel when you can't buy anything any cards you can always add her for more recruiting points. And, maybe some mission or scheme cards to change a particular game for more variations. I love the game, and think it would be awesome to continue on with many expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Austin
msg tools
I agree an expansion would be great. More playable characters would be great. Maybe even introduce Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville cards. This way if they add a Luna, Ginny, or other cards, you can remove the Ginny or Luna card and add in the character you are not playing.

The other idea would be a Fantastic Beasts expansions. First, add "mini" villains to go where the Horcruxes go. For instance, Troll, Fluffy, Pixie, Aragog, Boggart, Dragon(S), Blast-ended Skrewts, Sphinx, Giant...etc. Second, add new ally cards like BuckBeak, Niffler, Thestral, Botruckle, Grawp, Mermaid or items like Unicorn hair, Phoenix Tears, Wood Lice...etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would also like some expanded options, but would fear bloating the giant Hogwarts Deck even more.

More playable characters and probably replacements for their Hogwarts Card counterparts for sure.

Could also do with some replacement villain cards that make thematic sense, so you're not re-defeating characters that never show up again. Could also help give games a more unique flavor if the cards are tailored to one game and not being usable in every game.

Wish there was a mechanic that allowed for removal of cards from your deck so you can get rid of the kind of wasted space of the Alohomoras. Might be too late to add that into the game now though.

Another option would be to add in a mechanic for fixing the problem of getting locked out of the Hogwarts Deck market. I know there's a one-time use clear everything rule, but I think it's not enough when certain games are very difficult without getting specific cards.

I think this is also in Legendary Marvel, but having a villain with an ability to remove cards from the Hogwarts market might help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Myers
msg tools
Ditto the expansion ideas:
- replacements for Hogwarts & Villain cards
- mechanic to remove cards from deck
- adding players (5, 6, +), like Ginny & Luna - at least by year 5 (as that's when they become prominent in the stories)

One argument against adding players is the length of time between turns. Granted, everyone is involved (or should be) with the Dark Arts cards, the Villains, and the overall strategy. However, more time in between being directly involved is not ideal. An idea (which might be two difficult to implement) would be to incorporate multiple player turns simultaneously. Perhaps ever-changing pairings between characters to battle villains or tasks. Just a thought. I like the idea of adding players, just don't want to slow the game down.

Love the game! Keep it coming USAopoly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky_10 wrote:
Ditto the expansion ideas:
- replacements for Hogwarts & Villain cards
- mechanic to remove cards from deck
- adding players (5, 6, +), like Ginny & Luna - at least by year 5 (as that's when they become prominent in the stories)

One argument against adding players is the length of time between turns. Granted, everyone is involved (or should be) with the Dark Arts cards, the Villains, and the overall strategy. However, more time in between being directly involved is not ideal. An idea (which might be two difficult to implement) would be to incorporate multiple player turns simultaneously. Perhaps ever-changing pairings between characters to battle villains or tasks. Just a thought. I like the idea of adding players, just don't want to slow the game down.

Love the game! Keep it coming USAopoly!

i may be in a minority here but i feel removing cards from your deck in this game would be a bad idea. with the amount of card draw available, it would be very easy to craft a deck to draw itself every turn. maybe if all deck thinning required the removal of the card itself in addition to the card you thin out then it might work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canadian Empire
msg tools
Sybaris wrote:
it'd also be easier for girls to feel involved too.

Yea you know, gender plays a huge role in this game, it's really hard for me to play as an imaginary male character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my two girls always fight for who gets to play Hermione so yes, a couple more female characters would be appreciated. and the two most suggested are great characters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reemer wrote:
my two girls always fight for who gets to play Hermione so yes, a couple more female characters would be appreciated. and the two most suggested are great characters!

well to be fair i also fight to play hermione because she is awesome... and i am a 40 year old male lol.

more female characters would be great but i would love to see sets of characters based on the 4 houses. rather than giny i would like to see luna and 3 other ravenclaws for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Acevedo
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Klaxas wrote:
reemer wrote:

well to be fair i also fight to play hermione because she is awesome... and i am a 40 year old male lol.

more female characters would be great but i would love to see sets of characters based on the 4 houses. rather than giny i would like to see luna and 3 other ravenclaws for example.

+1 to this idea. Hey, nothing against all Gryffindors so that it's in-line with the films ... I would love to see 4 heroes from each of the houses as well - yes, even Slytherin aren't 100% evil. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the expansion details for "Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle: Monster Box of Monsters" from the interviews with Dice Tower & BGG:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle: Monster Box of Monsters

- Contains 4 boxes to unopen (like the base game, sequential in nature)
- Box 1 contents:
- In addition to villains, you have creatures. Creates take 'influence' to beat (you only get 1 influence each turn)
- New dark arts event cards
- New card type: detention (cards that clog up your deck; events will combo with this card type to cause you to lose health)
- New banish mechanic: Allows you to thin out your deck (accessible through allies, items, etc.)
- New encounters: Behave like horcruxes
- Starting characters have new abilities
- New character: Luna Lovegood (remains a 2-4 player game though)
-- Ability: The first time you draw an extra card, any one hero gains 2 hearts
- Dividers available to be added to the box (either sorted by card type or card year)
- Meant to be played after Book 7 (the minimum Book requirement is Book 4, with the dice)
- Release date is Late August/Early September (might have early Gencon release)
- Retail price point is $29.99 USD

Other notes:
- Not available outside North America due to licensing
- JK Rowling approves an overview of the game, not every single card/mechanic

Video Links
- Dice Tower: https://youtu.be/uSy-FD9far0?t=2495
- BGG: https://youtu.be/ooed5n8jYTg?t=23049
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the single best part of this update:

qasic wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
- New character: Luna Lovegood (remains a 2-4 player game though)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.