Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Alien - first 2 plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pieter D.S.
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read everywhere that LE Alien is sooooo easy when playing Solo. After my first 2 games, I tend to disagree shake. Played the first scenario twice.

First game, Solo, 1 character (Gunner)
Until completion of Objective 2, everything went super smooth. I assembled a powerful deck and managed to prevent any Enemy to reach the Combat Zone. Also got Jonesy along the way. Did make a mistake by finishing off Ash with enough attack (one of which was a coordinate card), but I only found out later when reading the FAQ. Anyway, the Perfect Organism came along with the self-destruct device right behind it. As I didn't have the cards to disable the device, the double strike of the Perfect Organism happened together with the explosion of the self-destruct, which made my healthy character take 2 + 3 + 2 (because of "draw another strike") strikes...instadeath cry

Second game, Solo, 2 characters (Gunner & Medic)
After reading the FAQ, 2 characters seemed better than one (as coordinate comes in play). Rough start to say the least. Both decks were too weak to do much damage, causing enemies to overrun the Complex in no time and killing my Medic before I even got to objective 3. My gunner continued the fight (receiving 10 damage along the way), managed to complete objective 2, kill a load of xeno's and even got the Perfect Organism into the airlock. Unfortunately he didn't have enough attack left to finish it. Ash himself dealt the final strike, 1 damage...11 in total so game over man!

Great game nevertheless! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McManus
United States
Saraland
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing this two player with my wife. The first films objective were so hard, we played and lost 9 times. I didn't want to move on to the next movie without finishing the first and I also kept using the same characters for the barracks because I was trying to stay with the theme.

We finally beat it on the 10th try and after that I played through the other 3 movies and the first set of objectives from the expansion and only lost twice. I did find that first group of characters was extremely weak compared to the types of decks I could use with the rest of the films.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Wolfe

Dist of Columbia
msg tools
Our game group just had our first play. Used Gunner, Technician, Researcher and Medic. It is really hard.

Just after completing the first objective I (Medic) got facehugged on an event scan at the end of a turn after I had already used up all my attack. The next player didn't have the 3 attack to clear me. I'm handed the chestburster which goes to my discard pile which at that moment didn't have any other cards. On my next turn I bought a "Quarantine Procedure". Once I had to reshuffle my discard pile and redraw I (slowly) created my new hand one card at a time. No chestburster AND 2 Quarantine Procedures! A fighting chance!!! Once the game gets back around to my side of the table the player before me drew an Event. We were on Objective 2 so "The next player discards two random cards from their hand" which was me. I fanned my hand and had him draw. He pulled one of my Quarantine Procedures. On my turn I played my remaining Quarantine Procedure and hit a Scout. I put it back to buy my self 1 more card of time. I play my hand then draw (slowly again) a new hand. First card: Scout. Second card: chestburster

The rest of them died after completing Objective 2 and then an unscanned Hazard hit the Combat Zone (self destruct).

What a crazy game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.