VtzzRDX VtzzRDX
msg tools
Please correct me if i'm wrong :
In Negotiation Phase we concluded a treaty to handover La Roshel

I can do it :

1) Just by announcing it in my turn of Diplomacy Phase. Right after this, i remove my Control Marker and Protestant sets up its Control Marker .
Protestant Player begins his Card Play with one city

2) Or i can't do such thing as above and i should just let him to make a 100% chance rebellion in this city by not placing there garnison ?

What if i want to make an Alliance with Prots ? In second case Protestants becomes in a War with France so we should make Piece in Turn 2 , and only then conclude Alliance. Is it possible somehow to do this in Dip.Phase before Turn 1 ?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
During the Diplomacy phase, bith you AND the Protestants must announce it. Control is transferred as soon as the Protestants confirm the deal.

I think your second question is now irrelevant, but if you enter a state of War during the turn, you cannot reach a Peace until the FOLLOWING Diplomacy phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VtzzRDX VtzzRDX
msg tools
Thank you !
May i ask another question ?
Is it Possible to give other Power right of passage , without concluding Alliance with this Power ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
VtzzRDX wrote:
Thank you !
May i ask another question ?
Is it Possible to give other Power right of passage , without concluding Alliance with this Power ?

No, must be Ally
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't quote the rule but I didn't think you could concede a key in the Diplo phase aside from Metz because it's neutral.

This is abad deal from the Prots BTW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Riskey
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This deal is legal. Per the 2013 rules:
A power may yield political control of spaces it controls to another major power. Any units occupying these spaces are displaced (12.5). However this granting of a space can only occur if one of the following conditions is true:
(a) the space is being given back to its Home power (if a
space is returned to a minor power that has a major power
ally, add a control marker of that major power to the space),
(b) the space is in France and is being exchanged between
France and the Protestant (either direction), or
(c) the space is in the Netherlands and is being exchanged
between Spain and the Protestant (either direction).
(d) the space is an Independent home space and is either:
• adjacent by land to a Home space of the power that is
receiving the space, or
• is connected to the same sea zone as a Home space of
the power that is receiving the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
VtzzRDX wrote:
Please correct me if i'm wrong :
In Negotiation Phase we concluded a treaty to handover La Roshel

I can do it :

1) Just by announcing it in my turn of Diplomacy Phase. Right after this, i remove my Control Marker and Protestant sets up its Control Marker .
Protestant Player begins his Card Play with one city

2) Or i can't do such thing as above and i should just let him to make a 100% chance rebellion in this city by not placing there garnison ?

What if i want to make an Alliance with Prots ? In second case Protestants becomes in a War with France so we should make Piece in Turn 2 , and only then conclude Alliance. Is it possible somehow to do this in Dip.Phase before Turn 1 ?

Thanks.

I don't think the last part was ever fully answered. Or rather it was not pointed out, that if France and Prots ally, then rebellions are impossible for Prots in France that turn.

Also - if the key is just given and no rebellion is made, like in 1), then Prots don't get a capital in France (and so not the 1 regular in winter). At least a thing to consider.

And finaly it is actually possible for France to make peace with Prots during the turn (someone commented that it is not). The second option on its HC does this as one of the effects (there is also the Grand Tour event card, but that is less effective against Prots, since it doesn't block further rebellions for the turn unlike the French HC).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.