Popular Tags: [View All]
James Barnes
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would welcome some suggestions for some games I could take with me to play solo while I will be stuck in a car (as a passenger) for several hours.
I am thinking Friday would be a good one to take as I will have a lap table. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday is a good choice. I took it on a recent road trip and successfully played it in the car.

I also really enjoy the P&P game 30 Rails. It's addictive and all you need is two dice and a printed sheet (or several if it's not laminated).

Another I generally keep in the car is Catan Dice Game. Maybe a little too light and simple, but easy to play in a confined space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haha read your title and first thought; wow, some people really plan for bad weather, all I pack is a shovel and some heat packs.

I'm not versed in solo games but my suggestion that might be worth checking out is see if you can buy a used smart phone. Something two generations old or so should be dirt cheap. Use wifi to load it up with games and you wont need service. I did that a few years ago before I had a smart phone and thought it worked quite well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Barnes
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to those of you who responded so far...very good suggestions.

I just printed out the 30 Rails, I think that looks like a good use of my time.
I don't do very well sitting for long periods of time without something to do.
So I will be taking new game rules to read, paperwork to fill out for work, a few games and my ipad for BGG and some Apps I can play too.
But what I really want to do is play board/card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried most of the print-and-play games on this list to recommend what's good but this looks like a great idea to build yourself a portable notebook of solo games that you can carry with you easily. I've got to assemble one like it for myself.

My Big Book of (Solitaire) Madness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe you can get a Backgammon ai for the ipad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Barnes
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah!
Thank you for the notebook idea secoAce!! It is absolutely wonderful.
I printed out 1572: The lost Expedition and Cabbage Quest to take.

You also reminded me of a couple of games I already have.
Delve: the Dice game (in your notebook) and Dice of the Living Dead one I printed out a couple of months ago. I also will take Zombie in My pocket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.