GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,409 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Catan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Robber /Thief and the 'more than 7 cards' rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Milner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm new to the game, and only played the first game this afternoon and have a query
- The rules say quite clearly if I roll a 7, the robber is moved and anyone with more than 7 cards looses half of them. Fine, that's clear.

- If someone deploys their soldier (knight in later versions), the robber moves, but the rules do not say (to my point of view, clearly omit to say) anything about losing half of your cards should you have 8 cards.

- I played a soldier to move the robber off my important hex.. I had 8 cards ..my (equally new players) wanted me to loose half my cards, but I read the rules as being different when you roll 7 or when you play the soldier.

Who was right please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ray Milner wrote:
I'm new to the game, and only played the first game this afternoon and have a query
- The rules say quite clearly if I roll a 7, the robber is moved and anyone with more than 7 cards looses half of them. Fine, that's clear.

- If someone deploys their soldier (knight in later versions), the robber moves, but the rules do not say (to my point of view, clearly omit to say) anything about losing half of your cards should you have 8 cards.

- I played a soldier to move the robber off my important hex.. I had 8 cards ..my (equally new players) wanted me to loose half my cards, but I read the rules as being different when you roll 7 or when you play the soldier.

Who was right please?

You were correct. Players must discard half of their cards in excess of 7 cards only when a 7 is rolled.

The use of the Knight and moving of the Robber only allows the mover to steal a card from someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Milner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you for taking the time to reply.. much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.