GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,485 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Bruges» Forums » Rules

Subject: useing a free card of the discard pile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus G.
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi!

My question is:

If a card has the function to search a card out of the discard pile to build it for free on/in a house. Maybe a card of the categorie: "underworld"

Is it allowed to use the instant funktion of this new, free card?

I thing that would be to strong.

Thank you for your answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is legal. It is strong but not overpowered I think, especially since the discard is open information for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smeary wrote:
Hi!

My question is:

If a card has the function to search a card out of the discard pile to build it for free on a house. Maybe a card of the categorie: "underworld"

Not sure I understand the question. Does it say it specifically has to be used as a House? Then I think it would be illegal to use as anything else, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bockelman
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card lets you put the person in a house. I think you are confused from the OP's "build it for free on a house." There is a card like this for each person type in the expansion.

The original question is paraphrased as "When I put a person in a house from the discard pile (due to placing a different person in a house) can I use its one-time power?"

Answer is yes. When you put someone in a house you get to use their one-time power, regardless of how they got there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Snakes et Lattes
Canada
flag msg tools
Proudly Alphabetical since 1989!
badge
The Wish Swing from Nuit Blanche 2007
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why no-one should ever discard the Assassin or Thief card - better to build it as a house!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus G.
Germany
flag msg tools
Carcking wrote:
Smeary wrote:
Hi!

My question is:

If a card has the function to search a card out of the discard pile to build it for free on a house. Maybe a card of the categorie: "underworld"

Not sure I understand the question. Does it say it specifically has to be used as a House? Then I think it would be illegal to use as anything else, no?

There are also cards which have the function that you can build a card as a house out of the discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually remove cards that involve choosing a card from the discard pile. Most of the times it takes forever...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.