Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1846552912234635...

Awesome news. Which one of you is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jono Naito
United States
Red Hook
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not me, I don't think- if they are taking just one, I don't think I have much of a shot compared to what else they got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hainz
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting.

At the Spiel16 in Essen I was lucky to have a longer conversation with one of the SC producers. At that time, he was talking about 40 scenarios sent in (including just barebone ones). They thought about releasing more of them back then, and, if I remember correctly, to run two different product lines. So I really hoped that there was more to come... but to be honest, there are many games going in the co-op direction with a role-playing element and perhaps they fear the market is saturated one day.

@Jono: I think the author of the scenario to be published is already informed? (At least, I would do it like this.) That doesn't mean that the other scenarios are not as good (but hey, I've never seen one of yours until now, haha...) - one simply can never satisfy everyone's taste. Or did you just throw red herrings (Do you say so?) at us?

I really hope there will be some more scenarios available here, then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya I am sure the author of the first scenario they will be releasing has already been informed and placed on a gag order regarding it. Even though they have most of the stuff they need, I am sure they might tweak it a bit and they still need to have a professional artist do all the cards as well as the layout.

I would keep an eye out for any of the fan made files to suddenly go missing

Either way, I think it is awesome they are doing this but I had hoped they were going to do their normal 3 or 4 and then release these in addition but I know Space Cowboys has a lot more on their plate so at least this might help keep it consistent for release dates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Saari
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome. Congrats to the author.

Keep 'em coming, folks. The next time my group plays, we will finally be ready to try a fan expansion (having completed Under the Mask).

I'm actually playing Asylum this weekend with a different group to see how a second experience works out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hainz
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wuyley wrote:
I had hoped they were going to do their normal 3 or 4 and then release these in addition but I know Space Cowboys has a lot more on their plate so at least this might help keep it consistent for release dates.

You may hope now for some more online scenarios - not too bad for SC after all, so they will sell more base games. Problem for official expansions would be if the online scenarios were much more fun to play, haha...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Abernathy
msg tools
So that means only 2 official scenarios next year (and perhaps this year as well?) There is somewhat of an overarching story in the cases, so I'm quite disappointed by that, unless they incorporate their story into the fan scenario. I'd like to hear some more specific info on this news...

Good news for one of the fans though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jobs
msg tools
Well I kinda interpreted SC mean they're releasing 3 titles in 2018, one of them being fan-made, nothing mentioned about 2017: "[...] we’ve decided that we will publish one of these fan scenarios in 2018, as part of our three planned T.I.M.E Stories releases" Unless they mean 3 releases altogether (first being Lumen Fidei, 2nd unknown probably at end of this eyar and 3rd fan-made in first half of 2018, but I kind of doubt that, since SC (at least so far) tend to release 3 expansions per year)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Poulpe
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
3 scenarios a year is the plan, yes.

Concerning the main topic, we received a lot of scenario ideas / examples of cards and such. A lot! More than forty, probably.

But the 16 scenarios we're talking about are the full, complete and playable ones.
It may seem a very small number, but I think every actual or would-be designer of a Time Stories scenario knows it's a massive undertaking.
So, for us, it was a real surprise to receive so many propositions and that's why we posted that, like a "thank you guys!" in more words

Besides, we're only talking about 2018. We definitely hope the game will go on for many years and we'll need the fans to come up with new scenarios!

To answer another comment, we're not worried about "better than official ones" fan-made scenarios appearing.
We've played the fan-made ones already made available here and they're really cool. At the end of the day, we just want T.I.M.E to be played. So, good scenarios are welcome!

Oh! I forgot. The fan-made scenario we'll publish in 2018 will be altered/modified in order to maintain background consistency and progression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on a scenario myself, it will take some time until finished, that's for sure, but:

Would be a pdf ok or should I print, cut and send it?

Do you potentially publish scenarios which are already available as print'n'play or would that reduce/void the likeliness?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hainz
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so stupid. I think I have a clue about whose scenario might be one of those SC will publish sooner or later... I had it right before my eyes the whole time in the forum, but it triggered just now... I have to make sure, perhaps I am wrong all along...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You piqued my (our) interest. Some more details about your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.