3 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: DLC What Lies Within Translation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joe triviani
msg tools
Hello everybody
I'm surprised to see that few people talk about the translation of the DLC.
As already talked in many posts price is expensive and we could expect DLC are language localized.
I'm a great fan of FFG games. But I'm very disappointed I bought a game with DLC offering in english only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Britt Rissenmuth
msg tools
I would imagine that the publishers that produce localized versions of the game will be responsible for translating DLC to foreign languages, too. Translating and proofreading hundreds or thousands of text fragments will take some time, testing with the app some more. Also voice recording for the intro and epilogue will need some time.

Since afaik publishers abroad do not see one penny from the DLC profit, they will probably get around to translate DLC scenarios when they are done translating scenarios for expansions they can actually sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe triviani
msg tools
It seems translation depends on FFG sending of VO files. So publishers need these original files to translate to according language. No file, no translation. Maybe I'm a lonely player among English-speakers (you noticed ). But I would like to tell you, FFG, "bad job". If you (FFG) don't want to take care of your translated product, it's your choice (bad choice you understood) but tell us. I had bought this game in English to get it in full English language or maybe I hadn't bought it. GRRRRR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.