GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,482 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: TMtour - two players, same IP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
I haven't seen the question asked around here, and I believe I've once read about an automated detection of users with multiple accounts signed for TMtour.

This season, a second person from my household will sign up for the tournament, and the moves will most likely be done within the same IP address (apart from maybe a few from mobile devices). Should I notify anyone about the accounts that will share the IP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loon
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Nah. There's a cool post in the blog section of snellman that goes into more detail, but the biggest factor is the timing of moves. If you're not making moves for each other, you won't have a problem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd reckon that it's ok. The main potential worrying would come up if both players from the same IP happen to wind up in the same league. That may raise a flag in Juho's filters (assuming he has them running).

My guess is that more than one player playing from the same IP address at a given time happens more often than you'd think. E.g. over the course of the 15 installments of the tournament, I've been to several board gamer meetings and met other TM tournament players. Several of the meeting locations offered free WLAN, so our moves would be coming from the same IP address, at least for the days of the meeting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.