GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,890 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Ideas to add some mystery to core set replay? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stacy hewitt
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Has anyone come up with any Ideas on how to randomize some of the locations in the core set to make the core scenarios have more replay value. I know you can change the the difficulty level of the chaos bag and you can play with a different deck or a different character to change the play experience. What I was look for is a system to maybe randomize the shroud and clue token properties and maybe the room properties so it would add a little more mystery to the game on replay. It is hard not to metagame when you replay a scenario and already know when you go to the basement x will happen and already know the shroud value and the amount of clues that will be available at the location.

I know there is a bunch of new content that can be purchased and a lot of fan based content. I was just looking for ways to get more mileage out of the core set.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shax111 wrote:

I know there is a bunch of new content that can be purchased and a lot of fan based content. I was just looking for ways to get more mileage out of the core set.

Thanks

I've come to the conclusion the core set is really just a delivery vehicle for the first five characters and their player cards. The three scenario mini campaign is just enough to convince you to buy the more robust expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but with strange eon blugging you could create alternate location cards and randomice them in the original scenario. So two more studys and some attics and cellars could beef up the original scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Fransson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think all scenarios could benefit from more cards to randomize from.
As I write fan-made scenarios/campaigns going forward I'll be sure to include extra cards. Adding cards to official scenarios could be fun as well, good idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.