GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,109 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ritual candles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Owais Aziz
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perhaps a really silly question, but does the +1 skill value replaces the modifier belonging to monster/tablet tokens, or do I have to apply the +1 skill value to the modifier??

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get +1 to your skill value, but you still have to deal with the modifier of the token. So if you draw a skull that is -3, ritual candles would effectively make that a -2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
The ritual candles simply make the tokens with a symbol (skull, cultist, tablet, elder thing) less mean. The ritual candles do NOT replace the value of the token.

If the Scenario Card states that the tablet is -3, then, effectively, it becomes -2 if you have the ritual candles in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik O'Rourke
Ireland
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unless you are playing for instance, Jim Culver, who makes Skull tokens a 0. This would give you +1 for each ritual candles you have, effectively turning Skull tokens into positive modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Willmott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have 2 ritual candles on my investigator, does the bonus stack for +2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nwillmott wrote:
If I have 2 ritual candles on my investigator, does the bonus stack for +2?

Yep
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.