Subject: Outrider is now on Roll20.net! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Hedges
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
Hey all! I am a big fan of Outrider, but sometimes It can be hard to find people to play with.

I've spent the past week or so converting the print and play version of Outrider to Roll20.net, a free virtual tabletop app that runs in your web browser.

I've gotten the help and support of Gregg from Dice Fest Games, and I think it is a really good conversion so far.

If you want to check it out go to: https://app.roll20.net/join/1491928/Py2U-w

Some Notes:

There are 5 'decks' to draw components from.
1. Maneuvers - contains...well...maneuver cards! The Loss of control table card and quick reference card are located there, as well as the initiative speedometer card. Firing range cards are there as well.
2. Vehicles - all 16 Vehicles are included in this deck
3. Dashboards- Contains all of the corresponding dashboards for the 16 available cars
4. Tokens- The token bag contains all the little token components (armor points, skill points, firing and action tokens, AP speedometer, etc) that you need to play.
5. Terrain - This contains various road and terrain cards that you can lay down to create your map. I will be adding more to this as time goes on.

When you draw a card from a deck, it automatically gets put on a new 'layer' on top of any other card that was drawn previously. To bring a particular card to the top (placing your car on the last maneuver card, for example), simply right click the component and click 'take card', and click the icon in the lower-left most corner with the card backs on it. Drag the desired card back out, and it will now be on top of everything else.

To Roll a die, click the die icon on the toolbar to the left. It will let you choose a standard die type to roll, or can let you define a roll with modifiers and a target number.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them on here. I hope to add more features (expansions, tuner cards, etc.) as time goes on.

Thanks,

Patrick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I did something similar about 5 years ago.

How did you handle the dashboards? Does your version incorporate any of the Outrider expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hedges
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
heruca wrote:
Cool. I did something similar about 5 years ago.

Nice! I went with Roll20 because it is free and I had already done some other conversions to it.

Quote:

How did you handle the dashboards?

I put all of the dashboards in a card deck, so the players draw the corresponding ones and add their tokens to them.

Quote:
Does your version incorporate any of the Outrider expansions?

Not at the moment. It is just the base game for now. I will be adding tuner cards and the other extras at a later date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.