Subject: Capture in Sicily II rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Amenta

Idaho Falls
Idaho
msg tools
mb
Looking over Scenario 1 victory conditions, the Allied player is required to capture 3 of 4 defined target hexes (all ports except for 31.25).

My question is, what defines captured in Sicily II - or for OCS in general? Does a unit need to remain in a hex for it to remain captured, or is just passing through sufficient?

One reason why I am asking this question: reading the OCS rules for Ports i.e. in 19.0a, a Port is "shut down" when in an unnegated enemy ZOC etc. but immediately recovers once the enemy units moves, or is driven away.

Which seems to imply one must continue to occupy a Port hex in order to control it?

Curiously, "Capture" is not listed in the Terms and Definitions of the OCS 4.1a rules. And the Sicily II rules do not provide any kind of specific definition of "Capture" (Or have I missed it?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
Last player's units through the port controls it.

4.4(c) requires movement into a hex to capture it, not just the effects of a ZOC. So no need to leave a unit in place to retain control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Amenta

Idaho Falls
Idaho
msg tools
mb
Damjon wrote:
Last player's units through the port controls it.

4.4(c) requires movement into a hex to capture it, not just the effects of a ZOC. So no need to leave a unit in place to retain control.

Thanks Damjon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kisner
United States
Windsor Heights
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The rules were squeezed quite a bit to fit 8 pages. Normally, we would say something lawyerly about last to pass through with an attack-capable unit. In this case, it is sort left to you to fill in the blanks. Sorry about any confusion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Amenta

Idaho Falls
Idaho
msg tools
mb
kisner wrote:
The rules were squeezed quite a bit to fit 8 pages. Normally, we would say something lawyerly about last to pass through with an attack-capable unit. In this case, it is sort left to you to fill in the blanks. Sorry about any confusion!

No worries. So far, whenever I ask a rules question here on this forum. Some good soul replies within half an hour. It's pretty remarkable.

Overall I think the rules are very well written for OCS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.