T
United States
flag msg tools
Some insights from Trump biographers. His transition hasn't surprised them.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/trump-biograp...

“He’s not going to be that concerned with the actual competent administration of the government,” D’Antonio said. “It’s going to be what he seems to be gaining or losing in public esteem. So almost like a monarch. The figurehead who rallies people and gets credit for things.”

"This is all about him completely dominating the news cycles—the use of Twitter to distract from any real questions, emphasis on loyalty, vituperation toward anyone he sees who is disloyal or doesn’t toe his line, and his emphasis on conflict, the notion of setting people against each other. Now it’s countries against each other. It’s news organizations against each other."

"I’ve been asked lately about why he seems to have affection for a guy like Putin. And the thing that I’m afraid of most, based on what I’m seeing, is that he seems to want to be the same style of leader, where he intimidates people. He tries to shame them. The most shocking thing I think he did was note all of his enemies in his New Year’s message."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Politico interview with Trump biographers: " and gets credit for things." "Puss*GRAB*MON!"
>sauron< "Puss*GRAB*MON!" 'credo-approved'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
>sauron< "Puss*GRAB*MON!" 'credo-approved'

I get that we may Hammer about his extreme tweets or his associates of Asians about grizzly bears. But the people who can actually hold the Trump administration's feet to the fire need to ignore that and say please answer the question. And when he bands a news organization the next news organization should ask the question the first one was trying to ask.

Mr. Trump gives me the creeps. This latest thing with the military parades the use of Glorious and his appeal to patriotism in his inauguration speech just says I want to be dictator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
goorobotgoo "Village Pillager" were DEAF upon Peon-'decries' for where their "thatched-roof cottages" were set ABLAZE by his OWNS 'toadies'! sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.