Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait any more, and I'm lucky enough to have a pnp copy, so I'm wondering if I can start the game without the game!

If so then I'll just play that first mission a tonne and get a perfect start to the campaign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Meissner
Scotland
Edinburgh
Lothians
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a road event before the scenario (on the way to the site) but the city event is when the party comes back to the city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cthulhu Dreams
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SparkValor wrote:
You have a road event before the scenario (on the way to the site) but the city event is when the party comes back to the city.

Is it? Paul Grogan mentioned he had one before he even left, and if you read the order of events in town it goes

A) Create New Characters

B) Have City Event.

I was planning on having a city event before we left on that basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickersham
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I could be wrong, but I believe you start the game IN Gloomhaven, so you could do a City Event if you choose. They are always optional. Road events are mandatory though. When not linked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can do a city event and must do a road event before the first scenario. This is made clear on the first page of the scenario book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Meissner
Scotland
Edinburgh
Lothians
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You proved me wrong then. Can't wait to have my first event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boo I'm gonna have to wait then! I guess i'll perfect my starting team

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the city events always optional?

The rulebook says you "can" do them; doesn't say you have to (though I assume it'd be a bad idea to just skip them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cthulhu Dreams
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glic2003 wrote:
Are the city events always optional?

The rulebook says you "can" do them; doesn't say you have to (though I assume it'd be a bad idea to just skip them).

City events are always optional. Apparently City events are 'generally' good for you and road events are on average negative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
They are optional, but I think you would always want to do them because some very cool stuff can happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
They are optional, but I think you would always want to do them because some very cool stuff can happen.

Do you mean cool things like going to the city permit office to finally get approval to add insulation to your parents' basement? Or perhaps a trip to the local market to pick up that gallon of milk you ordered the day before? Or on a good day dropping off clothes at the laundromat to get all of that bandit blood off of there?

It surely can't get better or more epic than that, can it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
thomast8991 wrote:
It surely can't get better or more epic than that, can it?
lol
Some of the city events are very mundane indeed. But others are really cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi C
msg tools
mbmb
thomast8991 wrote:

Do you mean cool things like going to the city permit office to finally get approval to add insulation to your parents' basement? Or perhaps a trip to the local market to pick up that gallon of milk you ordered the day before? Or on a good day dropping off clothes at the laundromat to get all of that bandit blood off of there?

Dude! Spoilers!...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maniacalraven wrote:
thomast8991 wrote:

Dude! Spoilers!...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
They weren't real examples! Hard to believe, huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.