Popular Tags: [View All]
TPoG
Denmark
flag msg tools
ISBN: 1-85723-146-5
badge
Hmm...
mbmbmbmbmb
In the printed rules, it is stated (page 2, column 2): "Additional Setup must be performed when using some God Powers. If your selected God Power features "Setup" text in the description, execute these special instructions during the game Setup. If the order players perform additional setup gives either player an advantage, execute them in turn order." Thus, it is in general not stated when during the Setup the special instructions are executed.

Aeolus: "Setup: Place the Wind Token beside the board and orient it in any of the 8 directions to indicate which direction the Wind is blowing."

Siren: "Setup: Place the Arrow Token beside the board and orient it in any of the 8 directions to indicate the direction of the Siren's Song."

Thus, for neither Aeolus nor the Siren is it stated if the Wind or Arrow token is placed before or after Workers has been placed on the board. I use to place the tokens before the workers. However, it would be nice if it was clearly stated in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with this assessment.

Setup related things are done when you place your workers, unless otherwise stated by the God Power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoosterJuice wrote:

Setup related things are done when you place your workers, unless otherwise stated by the God Power.
So not before placing the workers, as TPoG wrote, but either before or after placing your workers, which if you are going second is after your opponent's workers are already placed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
RoosterJuice wrote:

So not before placing the workers, as TPoG wrote, but either before or after placing your workers, which if you are going second is after your opponent's workers are already placed?

I will get an official ruling from Gord and report back. I do agree that there needs to be a line added to the rules about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.