Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Vanguard of War» Forums » General

Subject: Minis Color Feedback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
Hi all.

On the KS page it is mentioned that the developers would like feedback regarding the colors of the various minis.

My preference would be to have the demons red, as on the KS page and then utilize the other colors in a way that makes sense thematically for the heroes.

What's everyone else thinking on this?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be ideal for me would be to have every miniatures in grey, and have colored bases to differentiate them. Why grey? Because it's the color which let us see (and appreciate) the most of the details.

Otherwise, I kind of agree with you : red for the minions, and grey for the rest of the miniatures, which should be big enough to see the details and know the differences between each one of them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
I saw a video on the LOAD minis which are grey, blue and red.
To me, they all look amazing, but visually if all the evil critters share the same color it just helps to visualize the threat a lot better than trying to see all the bases.

I own GoA and while it's a cool game, the clip on colored bases make it a bit of an eye sore at times to quickly assess the situation during battle in an ocean of grey.

Separating good and evil via color would be sweet.

All grey heroes works for me, but I would also be cool with colors that work with the character.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos D
Taiwan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my vote:

Heroes Grey
Minions Light Red
Abominations Green
Overlords Blue


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Medium and dark colors will hide some of the details. I don't think it's a good idea.

Moreover, do you really want to have rainbow colors on your game board?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Noir
msg tools
mb
I don't want my game to look like froot loops.

Grey for the heroes(that's a given, no discusion here)
Red for all the ennemies
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
Malefacus wrote:
I don't want my game to look like froot loops.

Grey for the heroes(that's a given, no discusion here)
Red for all the ennemies


I think it's fair to assume that 90% of ppl will be happy with this course of action
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, at least grey for the big bosses as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Bayu
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1 or 2 colors only please don't do corny rainbow.

this is perfect already for colors:

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
rbayu2 wrote:
1 or 2 colors only please don't do corny rainbow.

this is perfect already for colors:



Which falls in line with my assessment from above, that 90% of people will be happy with red bad guys and grey good guys.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VIN666 wrote:
rbayu2 wrote:
1 or 2 colors only please don't do corny rainbow.

this is perfect already for colors:



Which falls in line with my assessment from above, that 90% of people will be happy with red bad guys and grey good guys.


And on this photo, the big boss is also in grey, so perfect for me too
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Load Boardgame
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
I don't get to vote, but if I did it would be what has been shown already: gray for the heroes and Overlords and red for everything else. I'm glad we have four colors available, but that doesn't mean we need to use them all in the same game.

I know some folks want the minions/Abominations/Overlords to be different colors, but remember the Abominations are a good 25% or more taller than the minions, so it's pretty clear who is in charge.

- Night Shift
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Load Boardgame wrote:
I don't get to vote, but if I did it would be what has been shown already: gray for the heroes and Overlords and red for everything else. I'm glad we have four colors available, but that doesn't mean we need to use them all in the same game.

I know some folks want the minions/Abominations/Overlords to be different colors, but remember the Abominations are a good 25% or more taller than the minions, so it's pretty clear who is in charge.

- Night Shift


It's a shame to color these miniatures, but that color choice would be the best imho.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.