Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of 'best of' and 'most anticipated' lists are coming out these days. One of the most comprehensive seems to be the 20 Most Anticipated Games of 2017 thread here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/217265/item/5038435?comme...

Nominations are closed on this but voting is still going on! The current standings (in a bajillion categories) is here:

http://rvinyard.com/20most/2017/nominations.html

In the Overall category, Gloomhaven and The 7th Continent are battling it out for 1st and 2nd, but clearly separating themselves from the field, both with well over 1100 votes. Actually, they are #1 and #2 in many of the categories! Too Many Bones is there, but just hanging on the edge at 55th place with only 206 votes (note: it will get dropped off the leaderboard at 60). It is sitting even with a game called Tau Ceti: Planetary Crisis and one vote ahead of Jamaica: The Crew neither of which I had even heard of. Others of TMBs genre that are sitting well ahead of it Charterstone (694 votes), Thunderstone Quest (587 votes), Arcadia Quest: Inferno (438 votes) and Kingdom Death: Monster v1.5 (375 votes).

Given how amazing Too Many Bones looks, and the over-the-top-spare-no-expense production Adam and Josh have put into it, it just seems like this game should be right there at the top of the slobber meter. Any theories on why it isn't?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Votes are all opinions, and you know what they say opinions are like.

It's funny that I know of and am looking forward to every game you listed except for the Jamaica expansion. FWIW, Tau Ceti is an great looking 4x space game that Kickstarted last year and is shipping at about the same time as TMB. Just like TMB, it has outstanding components and plays solo and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to put any pressure on the answers here (I am following this thread). This is something we have always striven for. We appreciate and are humbled to be considered among this list for some.

Understand that in this market that we are sharing... you just mentioned games from Alderac (AEG), Stonemaier, Cool Mini or Not... all of which are extremely experienced and heavy hitting companies compared to ours. We hope to gain some momentum soon. At this point, I think we are still trying to create more of an awareness that this game exists... I am betting the majority of BGG has still not heard of Chip Theory Games or Too Many Bones yet. This is something that we hope will change very, very soon!

-Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebstone Boppman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TMB had some heavy hype when it was live on KS, and was expected for 2016 and IIRC made a lot of anticipated lists (Especially of soloers) for the year. I'll swing some more votes their way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jebstone wrote:
TMB had some heavy hype when it was live on KS, and was expected for 2016 and IIRC made a lot of anticipated lists (Especially of soloers) for the year. I'll swing some more votes their way

I guess one of my points was to generate more votes! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dewdundency wrote:
I don't want to put any pressure on the answers here (I am following this thread). This is something we have always striven for. We appreciate and are humbled to be considered among this list for some.

Understand that in this market that we are sharing... you just mentioned games from Alderac (AEG), Stonemaier, Cool Mini or Not... all of which are extremely experienced and heavy hitting companies compared to ours. We hope to gain some momentum soon. At this point, I think we are still trying to create more of an awareness that this game exists... I am betting the majority of BGG has still not heard of Chip Theory Games or Too Many Bones yet. This is something that we hope will change very, very soon!

-Adam

Hi Adam,

I don't think anyone doubts that the quality and dedication you guys have demonstrated FULLY DESERVES to have your work showcased among the big names! Me and my money are certainly cheering you on! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went over there to vote only to see that I already did. I guess I'm already hyped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jenkinson
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did my due diligence supporting this game in the poll - can't wait for this to release (and for Gloomhaven, of course, but totally different games) - just waiting for more gameplay videos to tide me over
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
transcend11 wrote:
I did my due diligence supporting this game in the poll - can't wait for this to release (and for Gloomhaven, of course, but totally different games) - just waiting for more gameplay videos to tide me over

It's weird but, Gloomhaven will get to us sooner, and I've been waiting on it longer, and it seems like the deeper of the two (by far), but I can't stop thinking about TMB.

I'm more hyped for this game than I have been for any game that I can remember. I think it's because of the sort of roguelike setup it has -- each game is going to be its own one-hour adventure with character progression, a final boss to beat, the whole nine.

I just hope when Gloomhaven does arrive that I can put the idea of this dang game behind me for a bit. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zakoholic wrote:
I went over there to vote only to see that I already did. I guess I'm already hyped.

Last day to vote! TMB up to #41! If you haven't voted go there quickly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Gel
msg tools
I honestly think there will be much more hype once it hits the public and sees table time.

As amazing as the components are it is still an expensive game. (yes I know it's not as expensive as x or it is way better quality than y).

That being said I am still checking my mail daily in case somehow I got shipped a copy early.... (no I am not sure how some black hole timey whimy stuff.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to the party, just found out about this game through a post on Kickstarter.

Game looks great! I'm trying to convince my wife that I need yet another game, but when she see's the price difference between the Kickstarter and preorder she balks and suggests I order Mechs vs Minions instead.

Why oh why did I have to miss this kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormbringerGT wrote:
I'm new to the party, just found out about this game through a post on Kickstarter.

Game looks great! I'm trying to convince my wife that I need yet another game, but when she see's the price difference between the Kickstarter and preorder she balks and suggests I order Mechs vs Minions instead.

Why oh why did I have to miss this kickstarter.

Somehow I missed all the kickstarter hype, and I'm in the same boat... very pricey, and I'm having a hard time justifying it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We understand that this is not an impulse purchase.

We take great care in the value of our products. Part of our advantage in being an online only store, is our pricing. In the last 4 years, our games have only increased in value, and they have never gone on sale. Rest assured, TMB will not be one of those games that end up on Amazon for $50, lol.

We thank you for your consideration in Too Many Bones!

-Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dewdundency wrote:
We understand that this is not an impulse purchase.

We take great care in the value of our products. Part of our advantage in being an online only store, is our pricing. In the last 4 years, our games have only increased in value, and they have never gone on sale. Rest assured, TMB will not be one of those games that end up on Amazon for $50, lol.

We thank you for your consideration in Too Many Bones!

-Adam

Oh it is not me you have to consider it is my wife! She's more miffed at me that I missed the Kickstarter and have to pay a good bit more. I'm, working on it though.

I still have some time to pre-order correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. You have until Feb 21, noon CST.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dewdundency wrote:

Great I got a weekend of house cleaning and meals to help woo her over!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormbringerGT wrote:
Dewdundency wrote:

Great I got a weekend of house cleaning and meals to help woo her over!

You can do it! Just show her the component pictures of the latest Kickstarter update, maybe that'll sway her.

Oh, and don't forget to factor in the price of the premium health chips. Somehow, I have a feeling that you'll regret it if you don't. Not sure where that comes from, though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.