Hide
7 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Orc Patrol rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skull Bones
msg tools
Orc Patrol says, "Play if the fellowship is not in a region containing a free people settlement. Draw a hunt tile. If the tile shows an eye or is a fellowship tile, discarded without effect."

My question is if the shadow player plays this card when the fellowship is on the Mordor track and the player draws the shadow player's, "The Ring Is Mine" special Hunt tile that has an eye on it, is this discarded? It seems like a Shadow player card should not be able to hurt the shadow player so I wasn't sure if this special hunt tile counts as a eye tile for the purpose of Orc Patrol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steva fields
United States
vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ring Is Mine is discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a big risk playing any of those type of cards in Mordor as the Eyes can go and are obviously potentially very powerful in Mordor. Best to try and use them before Mordor. Personally rarely use them in Mordor, only if it's deprecate times and FSP are about to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Subs
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, agree with that Andrew, and I rarely use them in Mordor due to that huge risk of losing a red tile, but of course a caveat: if there were 4 blue tiles in the Hunt Pool and none, or only 1 red tile in a justification to use these cards, with a much higher chance of knocking out a nasty blue tile of course! But completely agree, knocking out a red tile or Eye tile in Mordor is a bad situation, so best case scenario is always to use them before Mordor (if possible - often don't draw them until Fellowship is inside Mordor already).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skull Bones
msg tools
Okay thanks! That makes it more risky to play in mordor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, three of the four red tiles still count when drawn for Shadow events like Orc Patrol. Only the red Eye tile is discarded without effect because it counts as an Eye tile.

One of the nastiest combos is playing Isildur's Bane, where all hunt damage must be taken as Corruption, and drawing Shelob's Lair ... it's a long shot but rolling 4, 5, or even 6 will be devastating for poor Frodo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Subs
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, "is an Eye or a Fellowship special tile". Completely forgot that, in fact, think I mostly assumed that other red tiles would be taken out. Fair chance of taking out the old blue tiles then. Not as bad to use in Mordor as I was mistakenly thinking.

Downside of course is that while the 3 non-Eye red tiles would cause damage, their STOP icon would be ignored (shame to waste those nasty STOP icons!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.