Subject: Question about the fun after couple plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
HelloIm Mazmo
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hello guys !

I'm really on the edge of buying this game, and what's retain me alot is the fact that some people are saying that the game become boring even forgettable after some plays.

How you guys feels about this, is this real ?

Thanks for any comments!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenna Asplund
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game has enough strategic depth to continue being interesting through multiple plays, especially with the variable board and randomized buildings that can lead to different strategies. However, I'll admit that I'm a bit of a biased voice.

There's also the Deep Fog scenario (available for free for print-and-play on the Red Raven Game website) which significantly changes how the game plays. https://redravengames.squarespace.com/islebound

Deep Fog makes the game play quicker and more exciting. It's my personal favorite way to play the game.

You can also buy the Deep Fog card on the Board Game Geek Store. http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/islebound-deep-fog

There's also the Metropolis Expansion being released next week that should add a bit more variety to the game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HelloIm Mazmo
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I didn't know about the deep fog scenario. It look like very very fun !

Thanks for your answer Brenna !

I'm still gonna wait for some others opinions to make my choice, but the Deep Fog really push me toward the Yes !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Watts
New Zealand
Hawera South Taranaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I enjoy playing and it hasn't got old for us yet. The flip side of the boards which change what you can do at the towns add a nice level of variability too.

All in all it's a fun way to pass the time.

I have the deep fog scenario (as yet unplayed) but front what I can tell it's going to be a hit in my house.

Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a favourite in my gaming group because of its replay value. The double sided board is great for variety and with the Islebound: Metropolis Expansion there are a lot of buildings to chose from.

My opinion is also that the game is great with two players, and that's how I mostly play it. It wont be as tight as with four players but you are a bit more free to explore and follow your own plan.

I have yet to try out the Deep Fog Scenario but it looks awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HelloIm Mazmo
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Finally I bought it, and I really really enjoyed it ! I will buy the metropolis extention and can't wait to try the Deep Fog scenario !

Hurray ! (I love City of Iron too)

Great work Brenna and Ryan xxx <3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Freiday
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is a lot of fun, I play it with my son all the time and he was psyched to see that the crew members could be used in Above and Below. We're big fans of Red Raven and Ryan Laukat and can't wait for Metropolis and Near and Far. As already stated their is a ton of replay value, not only due to the flipping tiles, but as your opponents play style evolves so inevitably does yours. We haven't had two games go the same way twice and more then once the game has flipped half way through where my son was heavy in military and flipped it to a diplomacy strategy and I either flipped to military or battled for diplomacy. Also as said with two players the board isn't as tight which means there are a plethora of options although it is missing the tension you would normally expect in this type of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.