Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Rowlands
United Kingdom
Amersham
Bucks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I never realised how apt this rating would be.

Well my game arrived and it was clearly broken. All cards had come out of shrink wrap and 12 were creased and unplayable. Chits were unpunched and awful quality.

I have emailed and they have promised replacements but 18 days later they haven't arrived. I have checked they were posted and they said on the 11th of Jan. This is a kickstarter version and it is worth popping over and reading the comments there. Hope for everyones sake the retail version is better quality.

Will presumably move from a 1 once I can actually play the game.

Love the way BGG has a category for broken devil

Update edit: It's now 29th Jan and still no replacement cards (18 days in the post from Greece to UK). I have told them and all I got was thank you for keeping us informed.
Update edit 2: Replacement cards arrived on 1st Feb, 21 days after posting from Greece. Now I need to find the timeto learn the rules and play the game. Hopefully later this moth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Francois
Belgium
Bruges
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always considered any rating to reflect to the actual gameplay as opposed to the condition it arrived in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
California
flag msg tools
Zepherion wrote:
I've always considered any rating to reflect to the actual gameplay as opposed to the condition it arrived in

For most cases, I don't think shipping damage should ding the ratings since it's usually the fault of the shipping company. But in this case, it's quite clear that it's a very widespread issue that was caused directly by Artipia's use of cheap materials. I think component quality or lack thereof should definitely be a part of any review or rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Love the way BGG has a category for broken devil

Nice....really nice Had me going for abit. It least you'll be updating the score (we assume) once you get to play it. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the component quality (cards, tokens) is just fine, the shrink wrap they used however was clearly not sourced properly. It was already in shreds when the game arrived, the cards were alright, though *phew*.

I hope you get your replacement components, b/c the game is really fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2018!
mbmbmbmbmb
Farydia wrote:
I think the component quality (cards, tokens) is just fine, the shrink wrap they used however was clearly not sourced properly. It was already in shreds when the game arrived, the cards were alright, though *phew*.

I hope you get your replacement components, b/c the game is really fun.

I agree that the card quality is good (though the shrink needed to be much thicker).

I'll kindly disagree on the quality of the tokens. I carefully punched mine out (back to front) and after a handful of plays they're clearly deteriorating. I'd email Artipia's support about replacement chits, but I'm not sure if they'll be of better quality or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine's in great shape. Great quality. Great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Hee
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Trying to find time to play...
mbmbmbmbmb
stephenrowlands2 wrote:
Update edit 2: Replacement cards arrived on 1st Feb, 21 days after posting from Greece. Now I need to find the timeto learn the rules and play the game. Hopefully later this moth.
Thank you for letting us know you have received your replacements' package.
We hope you will enjoy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.