GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,456 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Hi - LOVE the game - just have a question mid play through.

I ave drawn the grey North war counter but have to terminate the procedure because of ravaged counter - what happens to the war instruction counter?/ Does it go out of play or back in the cup??

Cheers

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The counter goes on the Enemy Instruction Display.

When you draw an Instruction Counter, Rules 6.2.2.C controls what happens: Step 1 says to execute the Instruction and you've already done it. There was one or more Ravage Counter and thus you performed a Recover.

Now, go on and follow Step 2 of 6.2.2.C: roll a die to pick an Instruction Counter from the North's column, put it into the draw cup and place the War Instruction Counter in the topmost empty space of the North's column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Thanks man - last one - unlike Navajo wars - striped instructions are allowed to flip aren't they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes: Rules 6.2.2.A and 6.2.2.B say to just flip the counter corresponding to the die you've just rolled, with no mention of the visibile side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
If I were raiding an enemy space, drew a success and a war instruction, no previous ravaged counters on the space, does the ravage counter that would result from the success I just drew apply before I execute the war instruction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Success Check is the first step in a Raid and when you perform it you're executing the procedure detailed in Rule 2.9.2 before the other Raid's step; so, that War Instruction counter is resolved before you have a chance to place any Ravaged counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.