mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!

I have the following for this game:
Base Game
5th Player Expansion
Mystics of Midgard
Gods of Asgard
Wildboar Clan Expansion

I'm looking forward to painting my minis and would also like to be able to save some shelf space by fitting everything in the same box. Of the two options (or others as I am still relatively new to this scene), which have people gone with and why? Broken Token seems to be more expensive, but I don't mind paying for quality. What's the better option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i can just vouch for the broken token insert... to me it seems perfect for painted miniatures and sleeved cards on top on having all expansion material in the box...

Can't say anything for the other insert though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Broken Token insert. Cant speak for the other tho. Its really top quality, stores everything nicely, cant imagine the game without it. A few tips tho.

First, lightly dust off all the wooden sheets after punching them out, theres lots of dust and splinters. Be careful when putting together the boxes for the Mystics and Monsters, in order for the top part to fit correctly with the gold engraving showing on the outside. And lastly, the same thing but for the 2 large figure units. They are different ! One has a notch cut out in order to hold the board, and requires the specific sides to be assembled. While the 2 look the same, they are not !

Watch the Broken Token walkthru video for exact help - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgrv5k0Fl00

Use a decent wood glue as well, and allow to dry thoroughly. You will love it once its all put together
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this one. it holds everything, including the kickstarter stuff. if you don't own the kickstarter stuff, there is another version, too.

https://www.feldherr.com/schaumstoffeinlage-set-fuer-blood-r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Mitchell
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Broken Token.

Each clan and their accessories are in separate boxes - just hand players the box for their clan and they're good to go. Meeple Realty: hand one tray of minis, then a tray for the accessories, and, if not one of the two 'spear clans' another tray of minis.

I also like that the storage boxes keep each mini separate like the Feldherr foam insert. The Meeple Realty box, for the second mini tray for the non-spear clans, just dumps them together.

The only issues with the Broken Token insert are storing the Odin and Dwarf minis. But these are simple enough to overcome. 1. Don't glue Odin to his throne. 2. Store the Dwarf in the Wolfman's spot, and store the Wolfman in the Monsters box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Fattimiei
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just started painting them as well, I will place a small magnet under each miniature and I will use a Tin box to store them all. This method has always worked for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you are planning to paint the minis, you probably want to go with the BT insert since it has the nice individual storage.

If you weren't going to paint them, I would say get the go7 insert as it is much more practical. The pieces are not individually secured, but it makes getting the game out to play a lot easier. Also because it doesn't have designated spots, you can easily store Hili along with everything else if you were to pick him up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Klecko
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had to do it over again, I would say get the BT insert. I purchased the Meeple Realty one to test out their products. I find them generally more time consuming than BT products to put together because the wood often splinters even if you try to pre-cut with a hobby knife which requires more sanding. In addition, it took me a while before I opened my 5th player expansions and some of the 5+ figures (Dwarf Chieftain, etc) didn't fit in the pre-cut circles for them pretty much defeating the purpose. Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LX1986 wrote:
I bought this one. it holds everything, including the kickstarter stuff. if you don't own the kickstarter stuff, there is another version, too.

Been looking at this one myself.

1. So the box doesn't close all the way?

2. Do I need the Kickstarter set of all I have are 5th player and Mystics expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aminda Courtwright
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
ras2124 wrote:
Since you are planning to paint the minis, you probably want to go with the BT insert since it has the nice individual storage.

If you weren't going to paint them, I would say get the go7 insert as it is much more practical. The pieces are not individually secured, but it makes getting the game out to play a lot easier. Also because it doesn't have designated spots, you can easily store Hili along with everything else if you were to pick him up.

Just a note that Hili also fits in the god box of the BT organizer, the website has updated pictures including him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
LX1986 wrote:

2. Do I need the Kickstarter set of all I have are 5th player and Mystics expansions?

this version holds verything, but the kickstarter stuff the base game and some additional content and the lid closes all the way:

this version adds a third instert to the version above, so that it holds everything including the kickstarter stuff. with this version, the lid does not close all the way, but it does not bother me, since it is still all in one box and well protected:

I think the price is fair with €20 or €30 depending which one you buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LX1986 wrote:
ayejae wrote:
LX1986 wrote:

this version holds everything, but the kickstarter stuff and the lid closes all the way:

this version adds a third instert to the version above, so that it also holds the kickstarter stuff. with this version, the lid does not close all the way, but it does not bother me, since it is still all in one box and well protected:

I think the price is fair with €20 or €30 depending which one you buy.

It doesn't seem like the first one you linked would fit the base game + mystics + 5th player expansion. It seems to me I'd need to get the Kickstarter version, even though I don't have the KS stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm, it seems you're right. but still, €30 is fair I think and everything is well organized and protected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Do
msg tools
I have the Broken Token set and really, really like it.

One thing to look out for if you go with Broken Token is that when building clan boxes you get the right side up... look for and make sure the tiny word "Ship" is on the inside of your box. It was too late for one of my boxes and the wood glue had pretty much hardened and I didn't want to break the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whilst I find Broken Token a little flimsey for some inserts (the card games ones are terrible), I think the Blood Rage one is a total work of art, that nicely holds the full game. I would heartily recommend it.

Also +1 to looking out for the ship wording (above) - I missed one of those too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Do
msg tools
It was okay in the end; I used that 'mistake' box for my Warthog clan (which I do not own as I missed the KS). cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Do
msg tools
Hey, btw, what do you do with your boxes after you built your organizers? I was just wondering... I flattened and recycled mine... it felt sacrilegious doing it as I am a collector, but I asked myself what am I going to do with the boxes now that I have the organizers, and I will never sell my set anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedFinch wrote:
Hey, btw, what do you do with your boxes after you built your organizers? I was just wondering... I flattened and recycled mine... it felt sacrilegious doing it as I am a collector, but I asked myself what am I going to do with the boxes now that I have the organizers, and I will never sell my set anyway.

Don't the organizers go in the boxes? That's how I keep my 7 Wonders organizer -- in the box.

If you're referring to the expansion boxes: I used to keep all expansion boxes as a collector, but afterwards reality caught up with me (see: lack of space) and I got practical and threw away all my empty expansion boxes. Life improved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Do
msg tools
LOL, sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, sorry I meant the expansion boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Klecko
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The collector in me has kept the boxes ... I have the room and they still look nice on the shelf anyways!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.