Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a character at the Lake Camp, and I am performing a Research Encounter. The resulting card requires a Lore test, which I pass. The card then says that I have found Professor Lake's notes, along with two ship tickets. If I had failed the test, it says to move the Clue to the Plateau of Leng.

BUT...the success result makes no mention of the Clue. Is this an oversight? Given the failure text ("...you have to look elsewhere..."), it implies that I have, in fact, found the Clue. But it doesn't actually tell me to gain it.

What do y'all think? Does the Clue simply remain there untouched? Or do I gain the Clue?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Leonhard wrote:
I have a character at the Lake Camp, and I am performing a Research Encounter. The resulting card requires a Lore test, which I pass. The card then says that I have found Professor Lake's notes, along with two ship tickets. If I had failed the test, it says to move the Clue to the Plateau of Leng.

BUT...the success result makes no mention of the Clue. Is this an oversight? Given the failure text ("...you have to look elsewhere..."), it implies that I have, in fact, found the Clue. But it doesn't actually tell me to gain it.

Mechanically:
While this isn't common it's perfectly normal. Not all Research Encounters grant you a Clue.
Thematically:
While searching for the Clue you have found something, but not the Clue you were looking for (yet). You may have followed a wrong lead, or maybe the lead is good but it just requires some more research.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, okay. It's disappointing, but those darn Ancient Ones are not famous for cooperating with us.

Thanks. I'll play it the way you suggest. But you may have just doomed us all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.