2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Parker Brothers Inc. Salem Bean Bag Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YSM Restoration

Massachusetts
msg tools
I am trying to find out the age of an old (very I'm guessing) Bean-Bag Game.
It is is 20" l x 14" w. It's construction is all wood with maple(?) laminate and a wood stain finish. One end of it rises 9" on a foldable wood stand. The only graphics on it are "Bean-Bag" arched across the top in
1 1/2 inch black bold letters. Under it the word "Game" in the same size black letters. Under that in smaller black letters on two lines: "Parker Brothers Incorporated Salem, Massachusetts"
It has two holes for scoring, a smaller one with a "10" in bold black under it and a larger one with a "5" under it. No copywrite date, no other markings or graphics other than the very simple black letters & numbers which are in excellent shape. Ideas of age?
I have images as well if someone willing to help date this is interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Community to Recommendations.

(More sleuths here.)
welcome

I'd go ahead and upload the images:
How To : Upload images to your gallery and Embed and resize images in posts (with screenshots)

As a layperson, I'd assume anytime between 1888+ - 1950s as a possible date.

Around 1937 they made a game called - Bean Bag (4235)(American Game Collectors Association 8th Ed 1998) but I'm sure there will be multiple games of theirs with this mechanic without such an apt/boring name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.