2 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Fine tuning list advice. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Gardner
msg tools
mb
I'm gearing up for the tournament season and trying to find my groove. A Dengar/Fenn Rau list i ran just doesnt have the reliability i want so back to the drawing board. I came up with this list but as my local scene is small I have no idea how it would fit into the regional meta

100 points

Pilots
------

Asajj Ventress (49)
Lancer-class Pursuit Craft (37), Outmaneuver (3), Ketsu Onyo (1), Black Market Slicer Tools (1), Dead Man's Switch (2), Shadow Caster (3), Gyroscopic Targeting (2)

Palob Godalhi (27)
HWK-290 (20), Adaptability (0), Dorsal Turret (3), Intelligence Agent (1), Black Market Slicer Tools (1), Vectored Thrusters (2)

Serissu (24)
M3-A “Scyk” Interceptor (20), Veteran Instincts (1), “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor (2), Tractor beam (1)

I have tractor beam tokens to move ships around and reduce agility, palob does standard stealing and potential blocking, serissu and the shadow caster can be quite dodgey with rerolls and evade tokens. theres a fair chance that the enemy wont get evade dice against Ventress. But thats all on paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cowlishaw
msg tools
Quote:
the shadow caster can be quite dodgey with rerolls and evade tokens

Agreed. But getting that reroll means keeping Serissu in close formation. The Shadowcaster is fast as hell and the Scyk....isn't (it doesn't even have a speed 3 turn). Plus, the lack of focus tokens and/or Latts Razzi means you're probably not as tough as you'd like.

Palob looks nice. Stealing tokens means he has his own action spare, so Slicer Tools and Vectored Thrust gives him some nice options - especially with Assaj throwing stress where it shouldn't be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.