GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,804 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about gaining benefit of structures [Box 5 spoilers] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Denman
msg tools
My question contains spoilers from the opening of box 5, but not spoilers from any events that happen later after opening box 5.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Question is as follows: If the Temple of Tortosa has not been raided yet, does the temple on Tortosa grant its benefit to any player who explores the tomb on Arados? I.e. can a player claim the benefit of the temple even though no player controls the temple itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary G
United States
New London
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No.
Temple needs to be in possession to use, and to let other people use via Reputation Tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not sure why you would think that. Only the person that built a structure benefits from it, unless they accept a Reputation token to use it. Since now one has built it, no one gains it's benefit. It is not considered owned by a player. If a player builds the Bank not everyone gains 10 gold during winter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
reshurc wrote:
No.
Temple needs to be in possession to use, and to let other people use via Reputation Tokens.

I'd suggest that if you manage to obtain a verbal yes from Arados secret organization to accept your reputation token in exchange, you could

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.