Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, all.

The Others: 7 Sins comes with several types of "Acolytes", corrupted humans serving the Seven Sins. I like them, so I thought up a way to cross them over into Cthulhu Wars.

The idea is this: You pay 2 Doom to obtain one of the "Special Acolytes" loyalty cards, then replace all your Acolyte Cultists (on the map and in your pool) with the Special Acolytes you just recruited (e.g. Corrupted Firemen). Remove your old Acolytes from your pool. These Special Acolytes count as Acolyte Cultists for all purposes, plus they have one special ability.

If you ever buy a second Special Acolytes loyalty card, it replaces your previous Special Acolytes loyalty card. The old card returns to the neutral pool and is for hire again.

Quote:
Corrupted Firemen

Ability: Arson
Action: Cost 1
Eliminate a Corrupted Fireman and choose an enemy player. That player must eliminate a Cultist or Monster in the Fireman’s Area if he has any.

Corrupted Police

Ability: Arrest
Ongoing
Corrupted Police can Capture enemy Cultists as if they were Monsters. (Corrupted Police can themselves be Captured as normal.)

Corrupted Nuns

Ability: Heresy
Power Phase
Gain 2 Power for every Corrupted Nun sharing an Area with an enemy-Controlled Gate.

Corrupted Doctors

Ability: Infected Wound
Post-Battle
Before the enemy assigns combat results, for each Corrupted Doctor that participated in the Battle you may turn one of your rolled Pain results into a Kill.

Corrupted Hobos

Ability: Pilfer
Action: Cost 2
Take a Corrupted Hobo from the map and place it on an enemy player’s earned Spellbook. While the Hobo is there the player cannot use that Spellbook.
At the end of the next Gather Power Phase, eliminate the Hobo.
The affected enemy player may, as an Action, pay 2 Power to eliminate the Hobo.

Each of their abilities is of course closely inspired by the unit's ability in The Others: 7 Sins. What do you think of them? Do any of them sound overpowered or underpowered?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Dosher
msg tools
The doctor might be a little OP. If I remember correctly the spider in the dream worlds expansion takes 2 pains to equal a kill. I just can't see it really being better then a monster. Maybe make it cost one power to promote the dice? Just my thoughts.

On a picky note with the nuns is the two extra gained on top of the already gained one power for the fact that it is a acolyte? Or will you gain a total of three?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bennid2 wrote:
On a picky note with the nuns is the two extra gained on top of the already gained one power for the fact that it is a acolyte? Or will you gain a total of three?

I was wondering the same thing. I'd be fine with a sum of 2 power, but a total of 3 Power does seem a bit overpowered to me ...

Apart from that, those special cultists are a really neat idea! I'm pursuing a similar approach for the Hellboy/B.P.R.D. faction I'm currently working on. It's far from being finished, but it will change a lot of basic concepts of the game. One of the major differences to other factions is that each B.P.R.D. agent (which is roughly the equivalent of an acolyte cultist) will be an individual, with a specific ability - and when they're dead, you'll have to enlist/recruit another agent in their place. The huge drawback of my approach is that a lot of bookkeeping is necessary to keep track of the agents and their powers. Your solution is so much easier to handle!

On a side note, I really like the paint you put on your minis ... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bennid2 wrote:
The doctor might be a little OP. If I remember correctly the spider in the dream worlds expansion takes 2 pains to equal a kill. I just can't see it really being better then a monster. Maybe make it cost one power to promote the dice? Just my thoughts.

DrGosburoCoffin wrote:
bennid2 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. I'd be fine with a sum of 2 power, but a total of 3 Power does seem a bit overpowered to me ...

Thanks for the comments, both of you! All right. You have some good points. How about this instead?

Quote:
Corrupted Nuns

Power Phase
For every Area containing an enemy-Controlled Gate and one or more Corrupted Nuns, gain 2 extra Power.
(This is on top of the 1 Power you gain for the Cultist, but you can only gain it once per Area, so you want to spread out your Nuns rather than stack them.)

Corrupted Doctors

Ability: Infected Wound
Post-Battle
Before the enemy assigns combat results, for each Corrupted Doctor that participated in the Battle you may pay 1 Power to add an extra Kill result against the enemy

DrGosburoCoffin wrote:
On a side note, I really like the paint you put on your minis ... cool

They are not mine. They are pictures I googled. I have not finished painting mine yet (and they might not end up this nice).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the change you made to the Doctors! Could be interesting to see how much someone would be willing to pay just to kill their enemy's GOO (assuming they brought enough Doctors to the battle) ...

SpectrumDT wrote:

Quote:
Corrupted Nuns

Power Phase
For every Area containing an enemy-Controlled Gate and one or more Corrupted Nuns, gain 2 extra Power.
(This is on top of the 1 Power you gain for the Cultist, but you can only gain it once per Area, so you want to spread out your Nuns rather than stack them.)

I still think that this is pretty powerful. How about having the ability kick in only if no Monster or GOO of the Corrupted Nuns's owner is in the area? That would attach a certain risk to the reward ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.