GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Thing from the Swamp: When an area becomes water, do walls break? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the scenario "The Thing from the Swamp" from the King box, the Overlord can use the event tile to destroy land areas and turn into water areas. If I flood one of the platforms surrounded by wooden walls, are the walls destroyed so they no longer block line-of-sight and movement?

When I played the scenario, we agreed that the answer was "yes, the walls are gone" because the ability is titled "Destruction", suggesting that the flooding is a violent process - if it can break the pillars that hold up those wooden platforms, it can also break those flimsy fences.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpectrumDT wrote:
In the scenario "The Thing from the Swamp" from the King box, the Overlord can use the event tile to destroy land areas and turn into water areas. If I flood one of the platforms surrounded by wooden walls, are the walls destroyed so they no longer block line-of-sight and movement?

When I played the scenario, we agreed that the answer was "yes, the walls are gone" because the ability is titled "Destruction", suggesting that the flooding is a violent process - if it can break the pillars that hold up those wooden platforms, it can also break those flimsy fences.

What do you think?

If the area is replaced by water, the buildings (and their LOS considerations) are no longer relevant because the water covers/replaces them. IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no wording that water replaces the area. The area just get the water rule. Nothing says it destroys buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.