United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the boat currently, but I don't have an official street date showing yet. My guess would be next month?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
truekid wrote:
It's on the boat currently, but I don't have an official street date showing yet. My guess would be next month?

Hopefully the distributors update soon so we can pre-order it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot wait to see more info. I liked the original, mostly for a solid solo game.

If this plays as well, and can intigrate well, I am in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a friendly bump to confirm interest. I can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It shows as fulfilling now, I think street date is the 1st? (But again, I'm not the logistics guy, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
It was released recently, as I received my copy from CSI on the other day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Orel
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How about some copies that can ship to Australia?
Your Amazon store won't do it and CSI are charging something like $40 shipping.

Come on guys, you can do better than that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
kazozza wrote:
How about some copies that can ship to Australia?
Your Amazon store won't do it and CSI are charging something like $40 shipping.

Come on guys, you can do better than that!

Currently, the way we can get stuff to Australia at a reasonable cost is when we redirect some portion of the initial shipment to Australia (so that it doesn't go to the US first, it goes straight to Australia). The best way for this to happen is pre-orders, from distributors or shops.

Once it gets to the US... we kinda can't do better than that for a single unit. Like, I just punched it in via the Post Office and FedEx, and yeah, $40 is towards the cheap end. It gets marginally better if someone orders a full case or something, but it's still not awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
Australia
South Windsor
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I purchased Flip City in Australia was directly from TMG through the 'test fulfilment' mentioned on the product page here: http://playtmg.com/products-page/card/flip-city/

I found this very reasonably priced and had no issues receiving the product. Is there no plans to sell the expansions in the same way?

Strangely enough I had to google to find this because Flip City isn't listed in the index of games on the play TMG website, and there seems to be no listing for this new expansion also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The website is still being worked on, it's going to look very different shortly.

The test we did with Flip City was good, but it is actually still the same thing- we have to route copies from the manufacturer to a different location (not to the US), from which we sent them to various spots. This was good, but actually labor intensive on our end. More importantly, it requires us to "gamble" how many copies we send this way, because if we send them there and they don't sell, the profit margin is destroyed if we eventually have to re-ship them to the US.

So there's good parts and bad parts, and we may be able to find a way to mitigate the bad parts, but haven't yet. Another caveat is that it is only financially viable for small-box games.

I will actually see if I can find out more, but for right this second, the best way to get things to Australia is for a distributor or store there to pre-order in case quantities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
Australia
South Windsor
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, thanks Andy. Fair enough on the website hopefully the updates get done soon.

And understand the shipping challenges, always a challenging area with costs just thought I'd share that I found the experience good (and cheap!) but understand this has to be balanced with being practical and sustainable from the publishers perspective as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.