Subject: Question about the "Extra Cannon Port" Ship Modification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pouyan A.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I just started playing this game and I came upon a confusion regarding this specific ship modification. Let's say I buy this ship mod for my sloop at some port. Let's say my sloop currently has a cannon count of 1. This would increase it to 2 (cube would be at 2). Now let's say I move out of port and conduct a mission raid, and let's say I draw two cannon hits and my raid fails.

My question: does my cannon count stay at 0 or does it always stay at a minimum of 1 since I always have the "Extra Cannon Port" ship mod? How does it get tracked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is reduced to zero. Thematically, you strapped an extra cannon to your sloop. Both your original and extra cannons were later blown up in your merchant raid.

That said, if you later repair your cannons for two gold per cube movement, you can repair back to two, since the modification is permanent on the ship you modified with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouyan A.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Annowme wrote:
It is reduced to zero. Thematically, you strapped an extra cannon to your sloop. Both your original and extra cannons were later blown up in your merchant raid.

That said, if you later repair your cannons for two gold per cube movement, you can repair back to two, since the modification is permanent on the ship you modified with it.

Thank you Jim! I guess the cube indicator is the final indicator. That makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
If any cube is pushed off of the track, that part of your ship is considered as destroyed. It's effectively broken until it is repaired. In Merchant Raids, a destroyed ship part instantly ends the raid in failure, regardless of what ship part it is.

Overall, if your crew is reduced to zero (off the track) and your opponent boards you during full-scale combat (with another player or an NPC), your captain is killed and your ship is lost to the other player. If your hull is ever destroyed, your captain is killed and your ship is eliminated outright.

Any destroyed locations in full-scale combat that take further damage from their hit locations on dice rolls count as additional hits against your hull. At that point, you're in pretty dire straits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouyan A.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Yup, I understand all of that. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.