Subject: Any Way to Get Correct Board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I have applied the stickers to my game board, but that doesn't look ideal. Do I have any way of getting the new board at a reasonable price someplace?

I am in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get a 2nd edition copy and sell your 1st edition copy for cheap. Consider the difference in price you paid and sold the 1st edition copy for, your "reasonable" price. I'm not being sarcastic, just offering up an option that might not seem too obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Nuttall
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I just called my LGS, they said they still have copies from the first print that come with stickers. Is there definitely a new printing with the fixed board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Smith
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time Well Spent has what appears to be the new version in stock.

https://timewellspentgames.com/products/cottage-garden

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maokai
msg tools
Yes, I have been wondering about it too. Did anyone tried to address the publisher about that? I understand those things do happen, and to be honest - it happened to me with all kind of board games components in the past. However, all publishers I had addressed in the past sent replacements for the faulty components. Has anyone tried Spielwiese yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our copy of Cottage Garden was a first edition with the printed-incorrectly board, but without stickers. I contacted the publisher using their contact form on their (pretty much German language) website and asked if I could have some stickers please. I received an email shortly thereafter letting me know they'd send a sticker sheet out.

A few weeks later a letter arrives from Germany, and lo and behold it's not stickers: it's a whole new board. Yay!

So... maybe ask the publisher for one?

Here's a Google-translated version of the contact page for you: CLICK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Sayward
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook (in the middle, between English & German sections) says "If any components are missing or damaged, please contact us at ersatzteile@edition-spielwiese.de."

I was hoping for stickers, but now I've got my fingers crossed for a new board!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nonrandomhero wrote:
I just called my LGS, they said they still have copies from the first print that come with stickers. Is there definitely a new printing with the fixed board?

I bought my copy locally in the GTA last week and it has the fixed board. So, yes, there is definitely a new printing and, yes, it is on shelves in Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonely Boardgamer
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
gameteacher wrote:
The rulebook (in the middle, between English & German sections) says "If any components are missing or damaged, please contact us at ersatzteile@edition-spielwiese.de."

I was hoping for stickers, but now I've got my fingers crossed for a new board!

I've sent a request to both Edition Spielweise and Pegasus Spiele, but none of them replied yet. Hope they will eventually, because I also would love to have a correct board. Not vital, of course, since I don't look on its borders even playing solo. But still would be nice to have a correct one.

Didn't glue my stickers, by the way. They'll only uglify the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.