Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you had times where you almost lost them? And what did you do to bring them back or couldn't you?

As adults (some of us) we like trying new games frequently. So we end up acquiring too many games. But kids are happy and probably happier playing the same game over and over again. How have you managed this?

I'm just becoming aware that I might be pushing too many games in there direction and it's turning them off. I think I need to pick three or four and play the heck out of them. Have you run into this as well?

Edit: I have 3 boys, 4, 6, 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
My older daughter used to love playing board games, the heavier the better. Now she hardly ever will, and then will only play light games. I think the reasons are:

* She's getting older and has other interests besides doing stuff with her parents
* She cannot stand to do things with her sister, who usually wants to play as well.
* Her attention span is shorter than it used to be.

The younger sister has always been OK with games, but mostly to plays really simple games.

You get what you get. I'd love to have a child who would play Power Grid or Steam with me, but it didn't happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland D
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don´t know how old your kids are. But mine is 5 years now.
And I´m close to your situation often. Bying too much game and getting less response.

I did ... nothing. My wife told me, give him time and he will return.
And she was right. From time to time, he´s unexpectedly searching for board games. And picking always something I didn´t expect. But he´s gaming with me

But as you said, new ones are not interesting at the beginning. It needs time, sometimes a couple of months.

If your kids are older, I´m wondering what will come ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While my kids (boys, age 7) have generally taken interest in board games, their willingness to actually play them is...wishy-washy. That is to say, they might go a whole week without wanting to play something but when the urge suddenly strikes, there might be a couple days in a row that they ask I play something with them.

I basically let them browse my gaming shelves and tell me if they see something interesting. Since they're still developing reading skills and have limited attention spans, they occasionally ask to play something that I know is beyond them, to which I'll typically reply "I'll teach you that one when you're older".

In terms of their ability to actually play games, they're very smart...even surprisingly smart at picking up on nuances of rules or remembering little strategic elements. However...their attention span is also very fickle and based on a wide range of factors (time of day, how recently they've eaten, mood, environmental distractions, etc.). As such, sometimes we can get through an entire game and sometimes the energy fizzles out after 30 minutes or so. I don't push the matter. I want the gaming experience to be fun first and foremost, so when they start to drift off, I just pack it up.

Sometimes they'll get into a hopelessly silly mood (and clearly aren't interested in the game), yet as I try to pack it away, they will insist that they want to finish. These are the most infuriating moments, when the mood is clearly gone and nothing constructive is happening and yet they won't give it up (for whatever reason, I don't know).

So, long story short, I basically let them tell me when and what they're interested in playing and will play for as long as their interest lasts. Some games lose steam before we're even finished setting it up. On other days, I can get 2 hours worth of Imperial Assault out of them. I celebrate the victories and dust off the failures. That's all you can really do anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Case
msg tools
My 8 year old daughter loves to play board games and card games, but my older kids (13 and 17) prefer the X Box. I've invited them to play at times, but it's just not their thing, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm lucky in that my five year old daughter really wants to play games. She's been asking for years. She sees how often I play and wants to play the more complex games. "Daddy Games" she calls them.

She's played a bunch of different ones, and sometimes she asks for repeats (King of Tokyo, Carcassonne). Sometimes she asks for Candyland or Go Fish, although we've mostly kicked that habit.

I keep trying to introduce new ones and she is always interested in something new. I just picked up My First Stone Age in a trade because I feel that is a next step for her. She came with me to a board game shop over the holidays and we played a demo copy of Takenoko, and she has literally been asking to play "the panda game" every day since then, so I'm picking that up too.

I think the key is to listen to them. If she keeps asking for the same game, we'll do the same game. If she seems to want something different, I'll feed her that.

I don't think she'll turn into one of those Dominion machines, but who knows...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the important thing is to have fun. If they're having fun, then they'll want to play more often. I completely resonated with the comment about silliness; we've had our share of games that really lost the mood, and I must confess to getting grumpy a few times when that happens. But that's less of an issue as they've gotten older.

Choice of game is probably important too. And I agree that once they're familiar with something, they'll probably want to play that rather than learn something new. Seems like you have a good crew for King of Tokyo. When we first got that, we played it multiple times a week. It has since dropped off a lot, but we had a good run with it. My youngest daughter routinely won when she was about 5.

With your kids as young as they are, choice of game is probably pretty key. A few I can think of that they might like are:
Rise of Augustus No reading required, and only a few symbols that can be explained as they come up. Has a bingo mechanic with some risk taking.
Sushi Go Party! We just got this, and my 7 yr old has caught on quickly. You'll probably need to choose the cards that aren't too complicated, but at least your older 2 can probably work with this.
Forbidden Island I've played this the most with my younger kids. It's fun to watch them try to solve the puzzle of the game. And with boys, the adventurer theme will probably resonant.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Nelson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
With a four year old girl, it started before I had any kid-appropriate games. we would go to a game store that had a decent demo library, and mostly do the HABA games. The important thing was that she chose the games. I would pull three games off the shelf and she would choose one, and we would take that to the table and play it. If it wasn't clearly a kid game, I would read the rules by myself, either at a separate visit or rules summary/gameplay videos online, to see if it was simple enough/could be made simple enough. Now she loves "Cardboard games"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dale12 wrote:
Have you had times where you almost lost them? And what did you do to bring them back or couldn't you?

As adults (some of us) we like trying new games frequently. So we end up acquiring too many games. But kids are happy and probably happier playing the same game over and over again. How have you managed this?

I'm just becoming aware that I might be pushing too many games in there direction and it's turning them off. I think I need to pick three or four and play the heck out of them. Have you run into this as well?

Our kids love gaming. They are currently 5 and 6.

We started when they were between 1 & 2 with simple matching games. I remember that our son could point to flash cards with all the DC heroes symbols (that my awesome wife made) when we'd ask even before he could talk. Then between 2-3 we would allow them to sit with us while we played. It was during this stage that we also taught them to respect games and pieces and not to treat them like toys. I also bought each of them a handful of dice each that were their favorite colors to roll and "play along" with us. I don't remember exactly when, but once they developed a respect for not losing pieces, we'd let them hold/hand us our pieces (I remember this especially for Ticket to Ride, as our son loved trains).

Once they could count, we'd play a simple game with their dice where each of us would roll one and they'd count the pips and see who "won."

After this we mixed in simple classic games such as trouble/operation/hungry, hungry hippos along with some dexterity games like Who Shook Hook and Coconuts.

I want to say when they were 4 & 5 we got them Catan Jr., which they were able to adapt to pretty quickly.

I guess the point is that we started from the beginning and took it one step at the time. Everything including cleaning up was made into a game. We try to game as a family at least once per month and the kids ruthlessly go after us in Catan Jr.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I found that games with little to no time between turns work best. The longer the break between turns the less interested they were, they get bored soooooo quickly. So best games for us have turned out to be games like karuba. You all play at the same time every turn, no down time = no time to get bored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great thread as it deals with the frustrations I've been going through lately. Some of your comments already posted could have come straight from my mouth.

My daughter is 5.5. We have been playing games with her since she could understand the concept of turns. Her peak in regards to interest and desire was around 4-4.5. We would play Unicorns in the Clouds over and over again in a single session. It was crazy.

Then, as her abilities increased, we introduced her to Catan Jr.. She took to it well and won her share of games (mostly from luck.) At that point, seeing that she could handle more complex rule-sets, I went crazy. Among the dozen or so games I got for her in the last year was Ticket to Ride: First Journey. This game is amazing and she picked up the rules quickly.

Now here's where things take a turn for the worse. Unlike most of the other games we had been playing a lot of when she was 4-4.5, TtR: First Journey is much more skill based. Her mother or I win every single time. It didn't take long for my daughter to notice this. She is a very good loser. She doesn't freak out or cry. But she seems to have lost interest in the game (in games in general). I didn't pick up on the problem right away. But after teaching her checkers, she told me to "play like a kid." That's when I figured it out.

Now I'm angry at myself for not letting her win more often. I should have known because the exact same thing recently happened to me. I have been playing Netrunner with a friend for almost a year. Towards the end, he became so much better than me (from playing online), that I was just a whipping toy for him. His level of play was so far above mine, that instead of getting better, I just got frustrated and my interest and abilities began to decline. I finally quit our sessions.

I'm quite sure this is what happened to my daughter. When we started pulling out games that required relatively higher skill levels (TtR: First Journey, Tokaido, Pokemon, Mini Zooloretto), she couldn't beat us and just got frustrated.

I'm in damage control now and playing a lot of Sleeping Queens. She wins more than her fair share, and she's getting some math practice in. I just hope I haven't permanently soured her on the bigger games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I play with my six year old all the time and often my younger niece and if it helps, this is our experience:

We alternate between harder or newer ones and simpler fun ones that are her favourites. This seems to work for us. We have silly short fun games if we're more tired, laidback games for when we're not in the mood for anything hectic/harsh and harder games for when we have more energy to think and fancy a challenge. Playing something hard straight after school before she's had a rest would not work for example and we tend to stick to shorter easier ones later in the evening after dinner on school days so the time you play them can make a difference.

With the exception of kuruba and literally one or two others that are more puzzle like, she wont play a game with no interaction - she refused to finish ticket to ride. However, we all like to be mean at least a couple of times in a game so may just be us but interaction is a must for her.

The theme seems to be important and helps if it makes the game more intuitive and easier to understand - so wooden bits shaped like what they are meant to be rather than cubes for example work far better and she's always enjoyed thematic or visually obvious games more. Her favourites at the moment are steam park as she loves funfairs and beasty bar as she likes the animals and what they do as they make sense to her lol??

The concept of the game must be understandable to her, so carcasssonne over hill and dale worked better than standard carc as farms and animals are instantly understandable to her over cloisters etc.

When learning a new game, it must be a type where she "believes" she understands how to play on the first game and thinks she's got it with the harder depth/strategy a little less obvious or we take out some of the mechanisms and add them later and pick games we see have hidden depth. Then she picks this up later when she realises what we're doing and goes, arrhh, I see, you can do that. She would never enjoy playing a game where she had to play five times to just understand what to do and if she didn't think she understood at the beginning, she would just get grumpy so basically we trick her into harder games lol. Scoring must also be accessible to her as otherwise she wont know what her actions do for her score. Low scoring or games that you see the score go up as you go along are best rather than higher scoring games that get added up at the end which she doesn't like so much.

There needs to be a certain amount of luck to balance her abilities with ours, we wont let her win on purpose as she can always tell but she needs to win sometimes otherwise she would not want to keep playing so needs to be fair. Basically just needs a chance of winning even if mostly doesn't.

I really thought I had lost her not so long ago as she started to get really upset when playing games sometimes and was starting to say she didn't want to play but I realised that it was because she doesn't like playing new or certain games with other people as must feel self conscious about not knowing what to do or something, so we agreed only I play new ones with her first or until she's comfortable before playing them with others and we've not had a problem with this since so maybe a few one on ones with the games they like can help if this is possibly a cause - plus they like the quality time with just you anyway.

But mostly, I suppose never force them. Find out what makes them excited whether it be a particular theme, lots of cool parts, or type of game and see if they get tempted.

And most importantly, I suppose it's finding out what works for them as they're all different lol :o)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
My 7 year old is my main gaming partner. She's part of the reason I got so into board games. It started innocently enough with things like Disney princess uno, sorry, my little pony monopoly. We would play every now and then and it was always a blast. It started to be a real bonding experience and I started researching and getting into more modern board games. After the first play of forbidden island there was no going back. Now she swears she wants to be a board game designer and she will play anything I plop in front of her. My 3 year old shows interest since her big sister is so into it so I have her starting out really simple. Her attention span is zero at the moment, but she constantly asks to play games, she just wants to switch games halfway through each one.

With my 7 year old I made it a point early on to always let her win, and play lots of co-ops. Once the love of playing was cultivated she doesn't even bat an eye about losing since she knows she is just going to play again. The only sad part is when she legitimately beats me haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: I should add we take in turn to pick games, we determine the level of game we are in the mood to play and take it in turn to pick from those in that level as I think it's good for them to learn you can't always get your own way - she's sometimes rolls her eyes at my choice but is always a good sport lol!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iridium192 wrote:
My 7 year old is my main gaming partner. She's part of the reason I got so into board games. It started innocently enough with things like Disney princess uno, sorry, my little pony monopoly. We would play every now and then and it was always a blast. It started to be a real bonding experience and I started researching and getting into more modern board games. After the first play of forbidden island there was no going back. Now she swears she wants to be a board game designer and she will play anything I plop in front of her. My 3 year old shows interest since her big sister is so into it so I have her starting out really simple. Her attention span is zero at the moment, but she constantly asks to play games, she just wants to switch games halfway through each one.

With my 7 year old I made it a point early on to always let her win, and play lots of co-ops. Once the love of playing was cultivated she doesn't even bat an eye about losing since she knows she is just going to play again. The only sad part is when she legitimately beats me haha.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me and why I started getting into board games again and now I have all my friends and family joining in, great isn't it lol. Mine also says she wants to make games when she grows up!

Lol, yeah it's great when she legitimately beats us - sometimes! We can't seem to beat her at dream home. There's me and my mum being totally down right nasty too each other (and sometimes her) taking away the cards the other one needs most and we always try and point out to my daughter that this choice would get her one extra point, but she just says no, she likes the look of this room - and she always blinking wins somehow and we're actually really really trying lol!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 7-yo son is the only gaming partner I have at the house. I even started collecting board games for him, to give him more structured activities. His interest waxed and waned; sometime he asks for board game every single day but sometime he declines to play them for several weeks. I think that is natural and I do not push him to play on my pace. In my opinion, the ultimate goal is playing board game should make him happy.

For choosing board games, I buy games with various themes but he likes games with adventure theme such as Galaxy Trucker and games with high player interactions like Arcadia Quest. Mechs vs Minions is his latest favourite and since November we have been playing it every single week end. These two weeks his interest has started waning again (we only play one session instead of marathoning for three sessions in a day) but again, that's ok in my opinion.

One poster raised the issue about "playing like a child". Personally, I never let my son to win deliberately but at the same time, I try to adjust my skills to his. The most effective way is by handicapping myself with internal timer. Instead of analysing every single potential move and its effectiveness, I limit myself to 30 seconds period of analysing, then move. I also point out options for him but in the end of the day, it is his turn so he takes the last call (even though his move might be not the most optimal one). I think playing board game as a medium to spend fun time with my son and if he picks up analytical skills or anything along the way, it is a welcomed addition for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
3 little girls and their mother to try gaming with at my place.
Oldest kid is 13yo but thinks she's 16 or something and doesn't show much interest in boardgames but can be talked into it on occasion, especially if there are other people than her partents in the game too.

the next in the series is 8. she likes to play boardgames but very occasionally, she's more into other things like lego friends etc. But the smallest kid, 6yo is the gamer in our house, the proposes to play boardgames and often strongarms her 8yo sister into playing a boardgame with her in exchange for a promise to play with the lego together afterwards. (or other negotiations)

We play mostly the kids games in their age-range as they often tend to work best but the recommendation on the box isn't 'always' right.
Atm, it's dream house, catan=jr. was a hit but seems to be on the decline, then there's ice-cool and even stratego. But the most played at this time is "dixit" which they all (except me) love and there's even a copy at their school which they play with the other kids.

Can't wait to see how this evolves and here's hoping to get at least one of them into netrunner or starwars lcg or the other heavier boardgames with sci-fi and fantasy themes which generally don't do well with my wife. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson W.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Four kids and they're all over the place. The 8yo girl wants to play almost everything but obviously can't play very complex games and she also despises losing. But she loves co-ops and Arcadia Quest. The 10yo girl will play about anything and love it. She is also smart enough and interested enough to learn almost anything. She might not always have the best strategies and win, but she is competitive and will be winning her fair share soon enough. The 13yo boy loves conflict. Give him the ability to destroy units and he will be interested. The 16yo girl (and her best friend) loves story and theme. She loves Pandemic Legacy and Dead of Winter.

I try to not push any of them to play, but they all have fun when they do. I have a wide range of games and will gladly play almost any of them at any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
dale12 wrote:

My kids are both into gaming, though as my daughter gets older, she is straying way from games.

My hook?

Let them pick the games we buy... You'd be amazed at how you can develop from there. As an example, my son started gaming with me at age four with the Haba games... and now, at age 7, we played Clank! last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
But we have to change the rules because Monopoly's so boring!
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2 games my kids really enjoyed from 5 years up (they are now 8 and 10) were

chicken cha cha cha

Its a great game, that the kids will beat you at, as it relies on memory and uses a movement mechanic based around "pairs". The components are great and really, big chunky pieces of wood, that even my kids failed to break.

The other game was [=viva topo]viva topo[/]

Its a little bit more than a roll and move with a push your luck element (not much more but enough still, to make it entertaining)

One of the reasons they liked them was they play quickly 15 minutes or so.

I tried them with Terror in Meeple City

but they seemed to prefer the quicker 2 games I've mentioned

Latley they seemed to really enjoy Mysterium and even my non gamer wife will give this a play every so often. I'd say at the moment it is the go to game for them.

I have to admit though they would much sooner play on their roblox and watch endless youtubes presentations from DanTDM and Stompylongnose about Minecraft and the like but 25 years ago I too couldn't be gotten off my Atari St and Dungeon Master. I'm hoping that at least one of them will share my passion for all things card board but I might just have to stay happy with a game every few months with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb

I've definitely had periods where I've lost my children gaming-wise, especially my daughter, but in the end I've always brought them back so far - aged 11, 9 and 7. The secret is definitely to listen to what THEY like in games - my daughter hates luck dependent games, so the preschool fare put her off, but once I started with party games such as Pictionary etc she was much keener.

The other time I nearly lost them was when I tried to push them into older games too soon - I realised my mistake and started letting them choose games - nowadays a games session we all get to pick one game, and this works. Yes it means in school holidays I often have to play the same game every day for a month (the youngest in particular is very bad about this!), but they also have to play my pick, and I tend to pick games we haven't played in a while to add variety (often ones they've grown out of but remember fondly), and then every five or so games session I'll drop in a game that is new to them that I'd like to see if they like. Once I've introduced them to a game I won't suggest that game again for at least six months - if it's popular they will ask for it again anyway; if not, I don't want to force it.

As to the picking three or four and playing the heck out of them - yes, I think children prefer a "game of the month" rather than a different game every session, but definitely let them choose which three or four!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As my son is approaching 11, I find that he has less interest in the games that we started with than the newer games. Throughout, I've tried to purchase those games that appealed most to him. Many of the titles that we played a lot in that first year, when he was eight, are barely getting played at all. Even his favorite game, Tide of Iron, hasn't received as much play in the last six months. It doesn't help that the games we purchased recently tend to require more of a time commitment. It does seem that we tend to game more on the weekend than during the week, when he has fewer things to do.

I still think the best thing to do is let their interests guide your purchases. Indeed, your eight year old is getting to that age where he may start losing interest in family games. You have three kids, so maybe personalizing purchases to each kid might prove costly. Nonetheless, I think it helps to let them have something that they identify as their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Macdonald
United States
Neenah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I aim to misbehave.
badge
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not.
mbmbmbmbmb
My kids are 6 and 9. I started into the hobby about 5 years ago, and so then it was just my daughter and I and she would do anything she could to play one of dad's games. We mainly stuck to co-ops or lighter games. As she got older and my son finally started picking up on games, then they each wanted to play their own games. Meaning themes that they like or games that were given to them as gifts.

The best explanation that I have is that while the kids were always eager, my wife was not. In the past couple of years I have been gaming with her more and more and she is becoming more appreciative of the hobby and the family time it encourages. So the kids now want to, and get to, play with Mom and Dad. I must say that benefit of another adult's patience at the table has been great.

I know they are growing up and their interests will change, they will become (and already are) involved with other extracurricular activities. It is my hobby and I never want them to feel I have forced it upon them. If we don't have time to play, we don't have time. If they say they would rather play outside or build Legos, I don't push it. The best thing I can do is keep asking if they want to and when they ask me, try to say yes as often as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court Marley
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 5-year-old has been vaguely interested in games for a few years already, but what has really gotten him into it lately is playing Junior versions of games he sees me and Daddy play. Clue Jr, My First Bohnanza, and Kids of Catan are three of his favorites. He also likes Monopoly Jr and My First Carcassonne. I also recently taught him how to log his plays using the BGG app, and he is hooked! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
My nephews are 7 and 8. They like adult games that are relatively simple and straight forward. Games like Monopoly, Sequence, Sorry!, and UNO are playable with simple command of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.