GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,268 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Landslide Donald rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: But_Obama_Did_it! [+] [View All]
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb

Straight from his bio at the White House website, https://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/president-trump

Very impressive.

This guy ain't right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Such a landslide that more people voted for Hillary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He also worked in how he bested 17 Republicans in the primary...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, people that counted, Real Loyal Americans voted for trump, so there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:

Electoral landslide, not popular vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hopefully over time, they will remove it as he has policies to mention instead of gloating about election results. I am hoping that is why it is there now since he does not have much to put in the bio as far as public service since he has just started.

It's almost embarrassing as to what is there now. He'd be better off just not mentioning it.

He got more votes than any Republican president in recent years because the population is higher.

And claiming he got more electoral votes than any Republican since Bush Sr. just meant that he had more than Bush Jr.

And he doesn't bother trying to compare to any Democratic presidents.

It feels like propaganda right now. Like something I'd see on some insecure leaders site rather than the president of the USA. I'd recommend Trump to request it be removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
col_w wrote:

Not really...
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/dec/...

Quote:
Since the end of World War II, Trump’s percentage of the Electoral College vote is lower than 12 previous results (1948, 1952, 1956, 1964, 1972, 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2008 and 2012). By contrast, Trump’s electoral vote haul was bigger than only five elections in the post-World War II era (1960, 1968, 1976, 2000 and 2004). So Trump ranks in the bottom one-third by this metric.

"If Trump’s election was a landslide, then the word ‘landslide’ has no meaning," said University of Denver political scientist Seth Masket.

THIS...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_ele...
Quote:
Nominee Ronald Reagan Jimmy Carter John B. Anderson
Party Republican Democratic Independent
Electoral vote 489 49 0

...is a landslide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
He should include the time he shot five holes-in-one on his first time ever golfing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Good for him. He has accomplished something no one thought possible.

Now, whatever happened to obama's biography blurb included with the other Harvard faculty?

Drink!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jebus, some of you guys will cry about anything. Propaganda? Really? Lol. Stop feeding your own anxiety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
texascpa wrote:
Jebus, some of you guys will cry about anything. Propaganda? Really? Lol. Stop feeding your own anxiety.

You're funny!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
damiangerous wrote:
He should include the time he shot five holes-in-one on his first time ever golfing.
surprise They were "in" HIS "Golf Pajamas" at the time then even, of which a 'bowl of gruel' is "included" with every 'purchase' too. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
texascpa wrote:

If I felt as you suggested, I would not have said what I did.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that it was a poor decision of the writer rather than a direct order to include that information from Trump himself.

Why would I be getting anxiety over a writer choosing poor items to cover?

I would if it had come from Trump to state that information, but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. It is not like his bio has been up long so perhaps he hasn't realized how it looks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Koldfoot wrote:

Now, whatever happened to obama's biography blurb included with the other Harvard faculty?
Yep, they thought no one could destroy the strength of the family as an institution in Chinese society, occupy all of Europe excepting Russia and Britain, empty Phnom Penh, capture Singapore, take America into another foreign war that cost lives and added nothing to national security, bring down the World Trade Center, get to the moon, or find a more profitable lower common denominator.

I am relucant to give praise on this basis however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
texascpa wrote:

It isn't really propaganda. What it is, is sad. He keeps on having to talk up his accomplishment in winning (which is considerable) with pathetic little spins ('best by a Republican since whenever') and exaggerating his solid but slightly below-average electoral college win into some sort of historic landslide.

I'm betting Obama and Bush and Clinton and Bush and Reagan etc did not have ONE LINE in their official biographies about having beaten X opponents in the primaries and having won this many electoral college votes or having carried so-many counties (really? WHO THE FUCK ever bragged about the number of COUNTIES they carried before?). Because you know? Once you're president, you don't have to do that. You're the guy.

It's very sad. He's trying to reassure himself that he is all that and a fist full of beer nuts, because the reality is his victory was a bit of a fluke and deep in his spoiled rich-kid, always had everything he wanted little heart he knows it and it bugs him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
texascpa wrote:

It isn't really propaganda. What it is, is sad. He keeps on having to talk up his accomplishment in winning (which is considerable) with pathetic little spins ('best by a Republican since whenever') and exaggerating his solid but slightly below-average electoral college win into some sort of historic landslide.

I'm betting Obama and Bush and Clinton and Bush and Reagan etc did not have ONE LINE in their official biographies about having beaten X opponents in the primaries and having won this many electoral college votes or having carried so-many counties (really? WHO THE FUCK ever bragged about the number of COUNTIES they carried before?). Because you know? Once you're president, you don't have to do that. You're the guy.

It's very sad. He's trying to reassure himself that he is all that and a fist full of beer nuts, because the reality is his victory was a bit of a fluke and deep in his spoiled rich-kid, always had everything he wanted little heart he knows it and it bugs him.

Some people have a hole inside them that nothing can fill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:

Yes, but to be fair Democrats routinely beat 62 million votes in elections now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

I know, right? It's refreshing to see a simple old, rich white guy with no experience finally become President.

Seriously though, people thought it wasn't possible for a black man to become President of the United States before Obama. Seems to me that's a bigger accomplishment than yet another old, rich, white guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:

Straight from his bio at the White House website, https://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/president-trump

Very impressive.

This guy ain't right.

It's downright Orwellian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
texascpa wrote:

It sort of fits the definition of propaganda, don't you think?

propaganda

noun
1. information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Trump is desperately trying to make it appear he won in spectacular fashion when realistically he did not. So yes, propaganda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
col_w wrote:

That's not really true though.

Trump’s Electoral College Victory Ranks 46th in 58 Elections

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/12/18/us/elections/...

Just think... only 45 other elections had a larger margin of victory. What a landslide!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:

Very impressive.

This guy ain't right.

Uh-oh, as of right now the OP was tipped 6.66 geekgold. Thus confirming what we all knew...Trump is the antichrist !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:

Very impressive.

This guy ain't right.

#fakenews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:

That's not really true though.

Actually it is. The bio says biggest Republican "landslide" in 28 years. 28 years ago was Bush Sr with 79.2%. The only other republican since the was Bush Jr, who Trump beat in percentage of electoral votes.

So in the very narrow, select confines of what is said, the bio is correct. It ignores Hillary winning the popular vote and I wouldn't be surprised if the facts got a very close shave elsewhere, but he is technically correct. The best kind of correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.