Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, otherwise it would be specified in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the rules as laid out do not call for discarding. However, in a 2 player game the guest offer can get really stagnet because no-one needs a blue or yellow guest (pick your color) and that's all there is. So we have house ruled that if after a complete round no-one has taken a guest the two $0 cost guests move to another hotel and remaining guests are moved down and 2 new ones are drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, that is specifically why I asked. Interesting solution BTW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klbush wrote:
No, the rules as laid out do not call for discarding. However, in a 2 player game the guest offer can get really stagnet because no-one needs a blue or yellow guest (pick your color) and that's all there is. So we have house ruled that if after a complete round no-one has taken a guest the two $0 cost guests move to another hotel and remaining guests are moved down and 2 new ones are drawn.

Interesting... would you do this even if one player COULDN'T take a guest due to not having room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breakaway11 wrote:
klbush wrote:

Interesting... would you do this even if one player COULDN'T take a guest due to not having room?

It's not about having a room, but if your cafe was full? My two player games had situations where players needed "Blue" (example) or green but only yellow and red were available, for several turns. In one case the player only had yellow rooms left so couldn't even take another color. With only 2 players the guests need to rotate some or it can be the guests that dictate the winner, not your level of play.

My 2 cents
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I think to be more thematic, guests don't come to your cafe, and stay for a week without being shown to a room. With 4 players this just hasn't been a problem. It was for 1 round with 3 players, but it was several rounds with only 2 players. I would probably suggest that with 4 only rotate guest if after 1 full round (8 turns) no-one took a guest. With 3 players take out lowest guest after every round (2 turns each) only if the guest at that position hadn't changed that round. With 2 players take out lowest 2 guests if the guests in those positions haven't changed that round. This will keep the guest list fresh.

Again, my 2 cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't experience that in our first game but good to know for future if it does get stagnant. And yah, by "room" I meant in the 3 cafe spots but was a poor choice of words since "room" could mean something else. My question was mainly to differentiate between people choosing to not take cards and people not being able to take cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.