Subject: The family that plagiarizes together, stays together rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Look, I've never even HEARD of this Barry B. Benson movie before. Is this for real?

Invalid tweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
It is beautiful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Look, I've never even HEARD of this Barry B. Benson movie before. Is this for real?

Invalid tweet.

Sadly not real - that quote does not appear in this script:

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/a1/bee-movie-scri...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:

Cool, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
There are higher truths, greater realities, than scripts.
Or google search results.

Darilian is the one to lead you through the exact details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It was kind of cool when he quoted Bane though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:

Invalid tweet.

BBB is the hero of the Bee Movie, which is a real Dreamworks movie from late 2007. Apparently, the tweeter was unaware that the screenplay of the movie is online, which makes it trivial to discover that no such dialogue is in the movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What totally legit source did you find this on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
This is fake news!
And wifwendell is the enabler.

Please enter this onto the "Fake news against Trump: examples and discussion" thread.

It's remarkably bare on instances.

And we have wifwendell in captivity and so can get a truthful explanation out of him.

(The conservative fake news enablers seem to have problems with self-awareness).

edit: Here we go my little lovelies.
THREAD: Fake news against Trump: examples and discussion

Don't hurt him, just put him in the cardboard box and bring him with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

Invalid tweet.

It's possible the "glorious destiny" is a reference to

A Shattered American Dream : The Glorious Destiny of a People

https://www.amazon.com/Shattered-American-Dream-Glorious-Des...

Quote:
A Shattered American Dream: The Glorious Destiny Of A People is an exceptional, living testament of the human spirit in the life of one man's personal struggle with injustice in our American Society. A society where it appears more and more everyday that wickedness is being rewarded, while righetousness is being persecuted. The author, Carl H. Lowe, beautifully illustrates how he overcame insurmountable odds by obeying the Word of God. Romans 12:1-2 says, "I beseech you therefore, brethern by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, and acceptable unto God which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed

It's a funny meme and it's an example of a fake news/meme dying quickly to fact checking too. People should beehave!

Lol.. found this while looking at the PP.

http://www.calvin.edu/chimes/2016/09/16/trumps-political-asc...
September 16, 2016
Quote:

Donald Trump is a possible choice for president, and as we get deeper into the election cycle, it becomes clear that the conditions leading to his rise were predicted in a 2007 film. Not in the Coen Brother’s “No Country For Old Men” or Paul Thomas Anderson’s “There Will Be Blood.” Not in the unsettling “Zodiac” or the conspiracy-revealing “Bourne Ultimatum,” but in a little film called “Bee Movie.”

“Bee Movie” — otherwise known as Jerry Seinfeld’s loveable and underappreciated foray into family animated movies, or “the greatest movie ever made” — centers on a young honey bee named Barry and his fight against the unfair working conditions for bees producing honey. Aiding him in his fight is his human ally, the florist Vanessa Bloome.

Throughout the film, Vanessa and Barry’s bond grows stronger, creating a strange tension for a relationship between a human and a bee. This alienates Vanessa’s boyfriend, Ken (voiced by Patrick Warburton, or that guy who voiced Kronk in “The Emperor’s New Groove”). Eventually Vanessa and Ken’s relationship dissolves, as Ken is unable to handle his girlfriend spending so much time with an insect.

In the film, Ken is painted as a villain. The viewer sees him as over-possessive and closed-minded as he becomes exasperated in that special way that only Patrick Warburton (Kronk) can do. However, if one actually considers what Ken is so upset about — that his girlfriend is ignoring him to hang out with a bee — it becomes clear that he is actually the only person in this universe that makes any sense. This makes Ken’s plight tragic; he is left yelling his rational position at a bunch of people who have somehow allowed themselves to be collectively swept into madness.

... (more)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
And wifendell is the enabler.

Please enter this onto the "Fake news against Trump: examples and discussion" thread.

It's remarkably bare on instances.

And we have wifendell in captivity and so can get a truthful explanation out of him. (The conservative fake news enablers seem to have problems with self-awareness).

edit: Here we go my little lovelies.
THREAD: Fake news against Trump: examples and discussion

Don't hurt him, just put him in the cardboard box and bring him with.

I don't know. I'm able to see the difference between posting something inaccurate as if it were real and posting the same thing and saying "Is this for real?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

Invalid tweet.

Quote:
A Shattered American Dream: The Glorious Destiny Of A People is an exceptional, living testament of the human spirit in the life of one man's personal struggle with injustice in our American Society. A society where it appears more and more everyday that wickedness is being rewarded, while righetousness is being persecuted. The author, Carl H. Lowe, beautifully illustrates how he overcame insurmountable odds by obeying the Word of God. Romans 12:1-2 says, "I beseech you therefore, brethern by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, and acceptable unto God which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed

So you are going with "Well, it wasn't plagiarized from Bee Movie.... but it might have been plagiarized from SOMEWHERE!" Let's all speculate about where he may have plagiarized from."

To unlock the teeth, insert your fingers in the back of the jaw on each side, careful not to get too close to the teeth....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
GameCrossing wrote:

So you are going with "Well, it wasn't plagiarized from Bee Movie.... but it might have been plagiarized from SOMEWHERE!" Let's all speculate about where he may have plagiarized from."

To unlock the teeth, insert your fingers in the back of the jaw on each side, careful not to get too close to the teeth....

Yes, yes, there are two of them - they're a movement, a conspiracy!

Bring them BOTH to the other thread and lets get the truth out of them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
I've got some pitch-forks.

Flaming brands? ... TheDashi?

Tar - check

feathers - check (one doona)

rail - Who is big on Thomas The Tank Engine?

Grand Inquisitor? - That'll be James. He does a great line with "Could you be more disengenious", in that "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition" tone of voice.

This'll teach those uppity liberals to not poke fun at the President.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
I've got some pitch-forks.

Flaming brands? ... TheDashi?

Tar - check

feathers - check (one doona)

rail - Who is big on Thomas The Tank Engine?

Grand Inquisitor? - That'll be James. He does a great line with "Could you be more disengenious", in that "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition" tone of voice.

This'll teach those uppity liberals to not poke fun at the President.

Poking fun? All for it. This guy deserves nothing better in my opinion. Making up stuff from whole cloth about him? No. And when the disappointment from not being real starts to set in, he goes with "But maybe...."

Mac has been off the rails for a few months now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
GameCrossing wrote:

Haha.

I am puzzled by mac's suggesting a relationship with a book that, when I search on Google for "lowe" "A Shattered American Dream", gets 200 hits.

Please explain this Mac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Not certain what is going on here, but beating up on Mac, whoever that person is, does not seem like the right thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
49xjohn wrote:

Not certain what is going on here, but beating up on Mac, whoever that person is, does not seem like the right thing.

Ah ha! Another member of the conspiracy.

Into the cardboard box and off to the "Fake news against Trump: examples and discussion" thread with them all!

Will someone tell bloody James to hurry up and get his Grand Inquisitor robes on?

And tell him to practice up the voice.

That makes 3 liberals. One more and we can summons up Joseph McCarthy from the dead and have a House Un-American Activities Committee.

That is if its OK with Rupert Murdoch, the great Australian media mogul?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

Invalid tweet.

Quote:

Sigh.

Would you PLEASE actually read my posts before popping off an angry response, GameCrossing?

I said "It's possible the "glorious destiny" is a reference to.."

There is nothing wrong with references in speeches. In fact, it's clever and references add to the richness and complexity of a speech.

So for once, could you say something like, "sorry- I misread that" or even post a picture of emily latella saying "never mind"?

seriously... you all but fisk me into saying "plagiarize" and THEN get mad at me for saying "plagiarize"?

I think you may be so mad at me that you can't see straight. I'm not mad (not even really depressed any more- probably restart D&D in march). Consider doing some meditating or praying (since you are religious) about letting go of your anger.

I mean.. we are screwed at this point. This is one of the worst moments in american history outside of wars and the great depression. It's really bad. No point in me fearing the worst any more. The worst is here. It's like the 3 seconds before the plane actually hits the mountain. No point in being afraid or angry any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Haha.

I am puzzled by mac's suggesting a relationship with a book that, when I search on Google for "lowe" "A Shattered American Dream", gets 200 hits.

Please explain this Mac.

The book references the American Dream and the blurb (quoted above) says that it's the story of the righteous overcoming a wicked society and it's about the Glorious Destiny Of A People.

Trump's speech says ... "We are one nation and their pain is our pain. Their dreams are our dreams. And their success will be our success. We share one heart, one home, and one glorious destiny."

It's possible one of the speechwriters read the book and made a reference to it in the speech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
It is slightly spooky reading the comments.
https://twitter.com/xdelmar59/status/822630273695313920/phot...

Here is something miniscule in importance and yet it adds to many people being unsure of what is really true.

Each little fragement of grit does so little by itself.

But eventually the windscreen is a translucent sheet of gold as you drive into the sun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
It is beautiful.

I think you mean BEEautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:

Here is something miniscule in importance and yet it adds to many people being unsure of what is really true.

But eventually the windscreen is a translucent sheet of gold as you drive into the sun.

Page doesn't exist. What did I miss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Shadrach wrote:
Pinook wrote:

Page doesn't exist. What did I miss?

Damn.
I'm twitilliterate and can't help with access.

You missed a stream of people (Twits?) across the spectrum from "certain of fake" to "certain of truth".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.