Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Johnstone
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Banzai Charge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know a good place for cheap terrain? Doesn't have to be quality, I'd take cardboard/cardstock houses honestly as long as it's 3D

What do you guys use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I use 4Ground stuff from my FLGS

http://www.4ground.co.uk/europe-at-war

Not the cheapest but it looks fantastic on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After Christmas was a great time to pick up cheap materials.

Those little ceramic Christmas village buildings can be useful, if you can find them without too many wreaths and Christmas crap plastered all over them. And you can get a ton of those little pine trees cheap at craft stores or Walmart. The snow comes off quite easily if you don't want a winter look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Matt - 4Ground terrain is amazing. However, that doesn't answer your question, as it is also quite pricey and you asked for cheap. You could easily end up spending more on terrain than on the game itself. I think there may be some internet print it yourself buildings, but I don't know how to find them (so I'm not much help, either!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want really cheap raid through WargameVault and find all the cardboard terrain you want. Easy to print, scales down nicely to Tanks (just use the 15mm scale, normally 52% or something close) and you can fill up as much as you like. As a bonus at the smaller scales they look even less like cardboard boxes with printing on it.

My favourite line is Dave Graffam but he doesn't have a huge WWII range, but a lot of the medieval buildings work for WWII still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Dogg Rulzz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I've been using a new line of 15mm ww2 buildings from Plast Craft Games.

www.plastcraftgames.com

Each building is printed on plastic sheets about .100" thick in realistic colors. You punch the pieces out and glue them together. The smaller buildings have removable roofs and pull out ground floor structures to represent a destroyed building. miniaturemarket.com has the small buildings for about $12 ec. and the church for $33 (Saint Mare Eglise). That's cheaper than anyone else I've found.

Here is some images of the buildings:

Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeus Cat

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This website has a few free ones. They look a little small to me. Based on the size of the doors I would say that they are 20% too small, but they are free and look nice. I especially like the bunker.

http://www.wwpd.net/2013/06/d-day-special-paper-normandy-bui...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeus Cat

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And there is a guy on YouTube called "The Terrain Tutor" who makes videos on how to make your own buildings and terrain.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kZVVOPqwjA]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.